Experienced Accounts Payable Specialist
- Not Specified
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 18 Sep 17
Where Futures Are Made - CME Group is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and
Where Futures Are Made - CME Group is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small.
With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic and the work is unlike any other firm in the business.
Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
The Experienced AP Specialist processes invoices (purchase order and non-purchase order invoices) to ensure timely payment is made to CME's vendors. Role serves to communicate with outside vendors as well as CME staff to resolve issues surrounding the payment or non-payment of invoices. The Experienced Accounts Payable Specialist may have responsibilities related to the accurate set up and maintenance of vendor files as well as serving as the administrator of the corporate card program.
- Address department and vendor inquiries regarding Accounts Payable policies and procedures as well as inquiries around status of payments to vendors.
- Review general Accounts Payable email box and mail queue in WebNow.
- Work independently to resolve any issues that may arise with external vendors or CME Group departments, investigate and resolve issues related to receipts/receiving.
- Corporate Card Administrator: Process new and replacement corporate card requests accurately and timely. Respond to employee inquiries regarding the company's corporate card program and address issues identified by employees with the corporate card usage.
- Maintain vendor master files in PeopleSoft Accounts Payable system. This includes setting up or updating vendor information accurately to ensure payments are delivered to the correct address or bank and proper 1099 processing occurs.
- Process purchase order and non-purchase order vendor invoices utilizing the ImageNow system and PeopleSoft Financials. Ensure timely payment to CME's vendors via check, ACH, or wire transfer.
- Match vendor invoices with purchase orders, verify receipt of goods and their pricing to ensure the completion of CME's three-way match between purchase orders, receiving, and vouchers.
- Ensure all invoices are processed with the correct general ledger coding.
Skills & Software Requirements:
- PeopleSoft Financials AP Module or other ERP system
- MS Excel
- MS Word, MS Outlook preferred
- Image Now or other imaging software preferred
- Experience with banking systems preferred
- 3 to 5+ Years Relevant Experience
See Job Description