Portfolio Risk Analyst Officer
- Cambridge, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Cambridge Savings Bank
- 26 Sep 16
Responsible for assisting in the management of the risk analysis function for the Bank. Main focus will be all credit areas with a strong emphasis in CRE, C&I and Residential Lending portfolios and functions. Financial performance areas to focus on include, but are not limited to, bank specific and industry peer comparison, local and national economic trends and potential impact on the Bank.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Work with the Chief Risk Officer (“CRO”) on establishing, designing, implementing and monitoring an enterprise wide risk management program required of a financial institution of the size and complexity of the Bank.
- Work closely with CRO in the development and production of reports to measure risks and exposures inherent in the various loan portfolios.
- Assist in the development, running and management of stress testing model(s) for all lending areas as well as any other assets or liabilities with potential exposure to significant changes in market or economic value.
- Collaborate with IT and the relevant vendors to ensure that the production of recurring reports is automated as much as reasonably possible and formatted for circulation to relevant stakeholders. Represent CRO and / or participate on analysis related or other project teams as appropriate.
- Collaborate with business unit managers and employees to develop procedures and maintain data integrity.
- Fulfill reasonable ad hoc requests including production and development of various analytical risk reports and studies on the various components of the loan portfolios, other business lines or corporate related activities.
- Prepare reports of results of analysis, impact on risk assessments and make recommendations on appropriate corrective actions for escalation.
- As requested, assists in preparation of risk assessments or “white papers” for the various property types and other industries or asset classes that the lending division is lending into or might consider lending into, as well as, potential activities other areas or business lines of the Bank are considering that would require initial analysis and/or research.
- Support business line managers as required in the development of new products, services and product enhancements to appeal to targeted segments through quantitative and qualitative analysis. Take responsibility for managing the day to day maintenance associated with any automated systems used by the department for analytics. Ensure data integrity standards are maintained and the system controls are reviewed and documented on a periodic basis. Identify core reliance factors and ensure that any scheduled updates consider the feeds used by the department during the planning, testing and scoping phases of the upgrade project.
- In collaboration with business unit managers, responsible for developing and implementing work flows and forms.
- Maintain an awareness of industry trends and with your manager ensure appropriate reporting is generated and reviewed by relevant stakeholders.
- Undertake special assignments as may be required from time to time.
- Management reports: Responsible for improving the existing quarterly management report process such that they:
Meet management requirements
Meet regulatory expectations
Reflect as appropriate industry best practice
- Reports will at a minimum include:
Recurring monthly and quarterly concentration reports
25 Largest Borrowers (Credit )
Concentration of Credit (Credit)
High LTV Report(Credit)
Track Exceptions to Policy Report
Loan Risk Migration Report
Non-Accrual Report (Credit and Loan Servicing/Collections)
Participations Bought and Sold
CRE Loans by Property Type, Location, Officer Assigned, DSC, LTV etc
- Contribute to the effective management of all credit risk issues as part of the risk management team
- Contribute to the effective team management of appropriate bank problems, issues and opportunities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and customers.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- College education, preferably in business, finance, accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of banking experience, some commercial exposure preferable with knowledge, or general understanding in which to build on, of underwriting and credit administration in the commercial real estate lending and corporate banking arenas as well as finance and/or treasury functions.
- Solid understanding of financial management and state and federal banking compliance regulations.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Strong computer skills to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Broad understanding of all key areas of the organization.
- Working knowledge of Bank operating systems, lines of business, products and customers base.
- Be willing to make judgment calls and decisions based on experience and reasonableness tests.
- Have a logical thought process and ability to review a situation from different perspectives.
- Have prior business or report writing experience.
- Have a positive track record of adapting to system and procedural changes.
- Be able to demonstrate strong organizational skills, communication skills (both written and oral) and attention to detail.
- Strong presence and can interact effectively with executive and senior management.
- Have experience working on cross functional projects and be able to manage priorities of competing stakeholders
The above description covers the most significant major responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major purpose of this role.