Lead Java Developer
- Marlborough, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 17 Jan 17
Lead Java Developer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
This is a great opportunity to join a strong, collaborative team in a role focusing on software development with leadership and advancement opportunities. The Lead Software Engineer will be responsible for design, architecture, development and maintenance of applications such as our Cash Management Platform, Corporate Actions Management System, and Custodian Reconciliation systems, working with a team of 2 full-time employees as well as 10+ development and QA consultants on and offshore.
Wellington is committed to providing a robust platform that streamlines the communication, decision-making, and execution of operational activity as much as possible. Our applications require a strong focus on detail and cross-team collaboration to support system integrations such as SWIFT message processing, Security Master, Pricing, and Portfolio Accounting.
Goals for Operational Transaction Management include :
- Operational Efficiency : Provide analysis and worklfow management tools to identify portfolio events and action required, automate the entry/feed of transactions, validate, and approve them.
- Data Transparency and Distribution : Provide timely notifications and reporting with tracability, and flexible options to view summary and detailed levels of data. Ultimately consuming parties should have full visibility into the source and timing of past, present, and future events via flexible notification and data distribution methods.
- Quality Control and Monitoring: Provide data quality and validation frameworks that proactively identify potential erroneous activity and ensure all data posted is accurate and reflect the true state of the market and client activity.
- This role should be focused 50% on leadership and architectural oversight, and 50% on hands-on programming and solution design.
- Lead the development team activities including prioritizing requests, designing solutions, and supervising the development efforts
- Participate in architecture, design, implementation, deployment, and support
- Work with business team, project managers, and systems analysts to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans
- Design, prototype and code new software components and applications based on functional specifications.
- Coordinate with analyst teams to execute test plans and provide support during user acceptance testing.
- Modify and enhance existing systems to incorporate new functionality and to optimize them for performance, and implement new systems.
- Work with other software engineers to design and implement application features, including user interfaces, and business functionality enhancements.
- Author technical design and support documentation.
- 8+ years of proven analysis and technical design, development, and architecture experience
- 2+ years leading technical teams including managing an offshore development team
- Experience in relational database technologies with strong PL/SQL skills
- Willing to work in an energetic, fast-paced, and team-oriented environment and handle multiple conflicting priorities
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write technical documentation
- Experience implementing solutions in AWS a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Lead Java Developer
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .