Info Security Engineer 4
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo US
- 19 Sep 17
Info Security Engineer 4
Note: The preferred work locations are Charlotte, NC, Chandler, AZ or Minneapolis, MN, but we will consider other core Wells Fargo locations as well as telecommuting.
The candidate selected for this position will participate in support and administration of heterogeneous infrastructure (Windows, Linux, MSSQL, MySQL, IIS, Apache, HTTP/HTTPS, SSL/TLS, SSH/SFTP/SCP) for custom developed applications used by various information security teams. Candidate should be familiar with web application architecture and custom development support. Coordinate with team lead and VAT manager to ensure internal infrastructure is compliant with corporate security policies and vulnerability management. This position reports to the Cyber Threat Management - Vulnerability Assessment Team Manager and works closely with teams in other internal information security programs.
Key Job Responsibilities may include:
- Daily operational support for various servers leveraged by multiple teams
- Routine security patching & maintenance of infrastructure leveraged by Cyber Threat Management
- Administration and support of commercial and open source RDBMS platforms (MS, Oracle)
- 5+ years of information security applications and systems experience
- 3 + years of experience with one or a combination of the following: networking, network security, or application security threat vectors
- Advanced Information Security technical skills
- Ability to manage complex issues and develop solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Ability to think creatively to find innovative solutions to complex analytical questions
- Ability to articulate issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management
- Solid conflict management and decision making skills
- Knowledge and understanding of vulnerability identification and remediation
- Strong customer relationship management skills
- Ability to negotiate and facilitate issue resolution
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional manner
Other Desired Qualifications
- Advanced hands-on experience with LAMP (Linux|Apache|MySQL|PHP)
- Advanced hands-on experience with MySQL administration and Data Replication
- Exposure to configuration managements systems (Puppet, Chef, CFEngine)
- Working Knowledge and mastery of Perl, Python, PHP, Powershell, and/or shell-scripting
- Knowledge and understanding of technology server: system administration
- Strong knowledge of maintaining and troubleshooting web applications, middleware, and multi-tiered applications
- 3+ years of experience with network security and network protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, etc.);
- 3+ years of experience in performing administration of various Windows and Linux servers and COTS/Open Source RDBMS;
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of MongoDB and Apache Tomcat
- Good working knowledge of vulnerability remediation associated with above platforms and various TCP/IP protocols;
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.