- Omaha, NE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Sep 17
Assc Dir-DevOps Architect
Location: Omaha, NE, USAThe Associate Director - DevOps Architect will manage different facets of the DevOps function within the global business. He or she is responsible for optimizing and refining DevOps related processes, maintaining subject matter expertise in limited areas while exploring new areas, and driving improvements within the group.
• Collaborate with development team to define architecture, optimize performance, and rightsize environments.
• Work closely with development teams to optimize workflow processes.
• Deep knowledge of continuous integration and configuration management tools.
• Manage release and deployment cycles for product lines.
• Expertise in multiple technical environments and knowledge of one or more business areas.
• Assist in defining DevOps along with quality guidelines and standards.
• Participate in project planning processes.
• Establish and maintain test environments.
• Coordinate with vendors to resolve problems.
• Evaluate new technologies and tools.
• Serve as liaison between development teams, senior LOB management, vendors, and other DevOps teams.
ERS Credit Assessment and Orig
• Expert (7 years) experience in the following areas:
o Extensive Continuous Integration (CI) experience and knowledge.
o Design, implementation, and management of Continuous Integration (CI) process for medium size organization
o Design, implementation, and management of Continuous Deployment process for medium size organization
o Subject matter expertise in primary area.
o Cloud (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google) BS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
• Graduate degree in Computer Science or related field a plus.
• Additional coursework and/or some training certifications are preferred.
• Deep Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) including Agile Development Methodology
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and, consultative skills, work effectively with clients, vendors, peers, and business/IT management.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to stay current on trends and development within functional area of experience along with the industry.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
• Willingness to learn, a can do attitude, and motivated to succeed and grow.
• Knowledge of at least one and preferably two programming languages (e.g. Java, C/C++/C#)
• Must demonstrate accountability, sound decision making, analytical thoroughness, clear and concise communications, and the ability to lead and mentor team members.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.