Senior Systems Engineer
- This role is responsible for acting as the principal systems engineer for multiple hardware and software implementation and upgrade projects.
- Act as the principal systems engineer for multiple projects.
- Analyze, design, acquire and implement projects to upgrade and/or streamline various systems that may include operating systems, database and utilities software, LAN and/or WAN systems, and/or telecommunications voice/wire systems.
- Contribute to the development of standards for hardware and core operating software for all environments, including hardware standards for network, voice systems, servers, storage and workstations, operating systems, firmware, and application programs.
- Direct the analysis of business problems/user requirements to ensure appropriate technologies are used to integrate company processes and customer requirements.
- Play a key role in the development of system design specifications, programming & development, security, integration, testing and documentation, infrastructure architecture, and adherence to quality assurance standards.
- Test and troubleshoot complex or critical systems during development and/or post implementation.
- May manage other systems engineers.
- May complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance of various systems.
WebEquity - ERS
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) in information systems, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent preferred.
- Graduate degree preferred.
- 8+ years of professional experience.
- Expert knowledge of various systems, the system development life cycle, and system and application development.
- Leadership and project management experience.
- Experience working in IT financial sector is a plus.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal and consultative skills to work effectively with vendors, clients, peers, and management and staff.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to stay up to date on trends and developments within functional area of expertise and the industry.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Certification in relevant technologies a plus.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.