VP- Controls&Procedures- Sanctions Compliance
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 28 Sep 16
VP- Controls & Procedures- Sanctions Compliance Large Global Bank OFAC Experience is a must.
Large Global Bank, office for position located in Jersey City, NJ.
- Participate in reviews of sanctions screening process within the business to assess effectiveness, proactively obtaining and reviewing procedures and related documentation.
- Make remediation recommendations to address any identified control gaps.
- Drive remediation of identified gaps, track remediation progress and report to management.
- Document all reviews, testing and testing results.
- Assist in development of Business Requirement Documents for Compliance-related initiatives; advise and track implementation of initiatives as necessary.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing as needed.
- Possess expertise in screening filters.
- Provide recommendations concerning filtering effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage documentation of filter-related projects
- Participate in filter optimization projects such as analysis of filter settings and output.
- Consolidate and document the control infrastructure related to sanctions operations in the NY branch.
- Report KPIs.
Policies and Procedures Review and Development:
- Prepare and maintain Sanctions Compliance procedures
- Consolidate and maintain Group Sanctions policies.
- Contribute to List Management processes as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Five years + of experience in a financial services industry; at least 3 years in OFAC/ Financial Sanctions compliance.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Accounting, Finance, Legal, Economics or related discipline. Master's Degree a plus.
- Outstanding organizational skills as well as superior attention to details.
- Extensive Knowledge of OFAC Sanctions and experience in Sanctions investigations.
- Experience in Risk and/or Compliance-related projects.
- Superior spreadsheet skills: Pivot Table, V-lookup, Formulas, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience in drafting procedures.
- Proactive and able to solve problems and present solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask.FINRA Registrations:
- Not Applicable