Senior Manager, Finance Data & Infrastructure
- Location: Newark, NJ, USA
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.* As part of the Americas region Finance Data & Infrastructure team, to help ensure that -
- * Americas Finance has a robust systems architecture compliant with Group Finance standards and regulatory requirements.
- * The systems architecture in place supports the business conducted in the Americas and can support the accounting and reporting required for that business.
- * Operational risk management and financial controls are embedded and effective across the region.
Roles & Responsibilities
The role encompasses activities spanning finance systems, data management, operational risk management, financial controls and governance. Assignments at any given point in time will align with then-current priorities.
- To provide project, analytical, user and BAU support across these areas of Finance Data & Infrastructure responsibility:
Finance Systems and Data
- * Americas Finance Systems: To ensure systems are fit for purpose and in compliance with Group and Finance standards and regulatory requirements, and to provide related support to Americas Finance colleagues.
- * Business Systems: To lead Americas Finance input and participation in business systems initiatives and to ensure the proper data flow is in place from the Transaction Processing systems to the General ledger and other downstream systems.
- * Data Integrity: To provide leadership in improving and maintaining data integrity as affects Americas Finance and its stakeholders.
Risk, Controls and Governance
- * Operational Risk: To embed the Operational Risk Framework in Americas Finance to foster a control mindset and to ensure completeness and soundness of operational controls.
- * Financial Controls: To monitor and enforce Americas compliance with Finance control policies, standards, and internal control procedures.
- * Outsourcing Oversight: To provide governance across outsourcing arrangements entered into by US Finance, primarily with SCB Global Finance Services.
Initial priorities include operational risk controls, financial controls oversight, and finance systems issue and opportunity management.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- * BS or equivalent in Accounting or Finance. MBA / CPA preferred.
- * Meaningful experience in / knowledge of financial services industry. Prefer experience across finance / business systems projects, financial / regulatory reporting, and financial controls / operational risk.
- * Understanding of the Finance role in the organization. Knowledge of accounting standards (US GAAP / IFRS) and of the financial regulatory environment in the US.
- * Knowledge of financial services products, particularly cash, trade, lending and financial markets.
- * Strong analytical ability. Project and/or problem solving experience as part of a team and individually.
- * Ability to adapt to a variety of circumstances effectively. Eagerness to embrace new ideas, approaches and change.
Qualifications and Skills
Enter qualifications and skills
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 13/07/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.