Compliance Monitoring, Testing and Risk Assessment AVP
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 24 Sep 16
The AVP will work in partnership with the lines of business compliance officers, and Compliance to help manage compliance risks, including, BSA/AML and OFAC/Sanctions risk, Consumer Compliance, Dodd-Frank, and Volcker Rule risks amongst others.
Large global bank looking for Mandarin speaking candidate.
- Interface with internal audit and external regulatory examiners, as needed.
- Escalate and articulate key risks to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Provide meaningful, robust metrics and reporting identifying Key Performance Indicators ("KPI") and Key Risk Indicators ("KRI") to Senior Management and other key stakeholders.
- Provide constructive feedback, coaching, training, etc. to Compliance Risk Analysts on a routine basis to effectively manage and mentor team members.
- Coordinate with Project Managers to track remediation efforts and follow-up on compliance plans.
- Attend continuing education courses, read industry news articles, attend workshops and conferences. etc., to ensure awareness and understanding of the most current industry standards and regulatory expectations.
Compliance Testing & Monitoring
- Execute quality assurance reviews of CDD reviews, EDD reviews, and screening dispositions.
- Verify compliance processes are documented properly and analyzed in accordance with the applicable P&P and are consistent with respect to supporting documentation and due diligence performed.
- Assess compliance with regulations and established BOC policies and procedures to identify any potential emerging risks or issues.
- Identify, test, and evaluate key control points within the investigations work-flow processes and procedures to ensure adherence to policy and procedures.
- Validate MRA corrective actions to ensure full compliance with recommendations.
- Keep track of latest regulatory updates for all programs and inform LCD personnel.
- Validate audit issues to verify sufficiency.
- Review and monitor LCD adherence to Bank Contingency & Resumption Planning efforts.
Compliance Risk Assessment
- Review LCD Compliance Risk Assessments to verify adherence to best practices in line with OCC requirements.
- Improve LCD practices within each Program (BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC/Consumer, etc.)
- Consult subject matter experts on systems and controls.
- Produce Compliance Risk Assessment Reports.
- Coordinate and conduct BSA/AML and OFAC/Sanctions Compliance risk assessments activities, Bank-wide.
- Provide effective challenge to various lines of business across the bank as to the deliverables provided in connection with the annual risk assessment processes.
- Review and enhance the Bank's Compliance Risk Assessment methodologies for all Regulations.
- Improve LCD record retention and quality of documentation.
- Bachelor's degree required; CAMS preferred
- 5-10 years' experience in compliance, especially BSA/AML and OFAC/Sanctions Compliance for financial institutions.
- Experience in design and execution of compliance risk assessments.
- Experience in Compliance Testing, Desk Reviews, or Internal Audit a plus.
- Knowledge of OFAC and Cyber-Sanctions systems (PRIME, MANTAS, Archer), a plus.
- Proficiency in BSA/AML compliance technology applications preferred.
- Knowledge of Consumer Regulations, a plus.
- Proficiency in Consumer Lending/Deposits/Remittances Banking Regulations a plus.
- Knowledge online products and technology services a plus.
- Familiar with FDIC and CFPB Rules and Regulations.
- Proficiency with computers including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Knowledge of Mantas, PRIME and/or other monitoring applications.
- Ability to work well in a team and manage concurrent work streams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Pro-active approach for preventing, identifying, and resolving problems