Director- Head of Regulatory Implementation
- USD175000.00 - USD220000.00 per year
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 24 Sep 16
Director- Head of Regulatory Implementation To contribute to the impact assessment of new regulations on business, drive the implementation of those regulations for Securities Services NA and ensure coordination with our business lines, functions and other internal partners.
Large Global Bank, with New York City office in search of a new Director- Head of Regulatory Implementation
To contribute to the impact assessment of new regulations on business, drive the implementation of those regulations for Securities Services NA and ensure coordination with our business lines, functions and other internal partners.
This will entail:
- Support Business Management to align Securities Services NA organization with new regulatory requirements by providing them with the necessary information and clarity to determine implementation priorities and to help businesses better understand the impact of new regulations. This ensures that Securities Services NA can respond to new regulations and can make decisions on investments in order to adapt to the new environment and to develop its product range.
- Represents the position of Securities Services NA on regulatory matters.
- Represent Securities Services NA in discussion with our Legal and Compliance partners on the development and implementation of BNP Paribas Group policies.
- Identify conflicts between regulations or any other transversal issue or disconnect (for example between dependent projects).
- Implement regulatory projects to ensure Securities Services NA conformity with the new regulations.
- Work closely with Sales, Functions and Business Management and other internal business partners (Regulatory Affairs, Compliance, Legal, GRM, ORPC and Finance), and act as a key contact point on Regulatory aspects.
- Organize Industry watch: sourcing, compiling and interpreting information on pertinent developments within industry bodies and services (e.g. the regulators, market depositories/clearers, central banks, consultants) in conjunction with Client Development.
- Promote when relevant the standardization of practices across all Securities Services NA Businesses.
- Engage in special projects across the spectrum as directed.
- Contribute to maintain a central repository of documents relating to each major regulation in scope.
- 10 to 15 years of work experience; preferably an experienced compliance professional, with a significant focus and background in securities markets and applicable regulations and rules
- Substantial knowledge of relevant rules and regulations enforced by FRB, SEC, OCC, FINRA, CME Group, ...; required
- Substantial knowledge in Dodd Frank and Volcker rule regulation; required
- Regulatory practice work experience or equivalent; experience at regulatory agency; a plus
- The candidate is required to demonstrate the key competencies of:
- Results and quality orientation
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Team Work
- Innovation and continuous improvement
- Technical expertise
- Knowledge and experience in Custody Compliance is essential and required to work as part of a team to fulfil the collective purpose.
FINRA Registrations Required: