LOAN REVIEWER - AVP
- Location: Manhattan, NY, USA
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.This role is responsible for the execution of credit file reviews as part of the loan review team. The purpose of the loan review is to assess the credit quality of the US portfolio and effectiveness of the credit risk management practices of the first and second lines of defense.
This includes responsibility for:
- Conducting independent credit underwriting in order to verify accuracy of customer credit grades assigned by management, as part of cyclical loan reviews as well as continuous monitoring and special reviews.
- Assess the effectiveness of credit risk management practices of the 1 st and 2 nd lines of defense
- Performing Continuous monitoring of assigned customer portfolios on an ongoing basis, which includes individual credit file reviews, quarterly reporting, raising of issues and follow up on management action plans. Work with the business and credit risk management in following developments in assigned portfolios.
- Support the Senior Credit Audit Manager in all matters related to credit risk, including contributing to the GIA risk assessment and development of an appropriate credit review and audit plan.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Support the Senior Credit Audit Manager and Team Leader in the execution of the Loan Review plan.
* Apply credit analysis expertise to perform credit file reviews to assess accuracy of credit grades by conducting an independent underwriting.
* Identify deficiencies in the application of the Bank's Credit Risk Management Framework.
* Ensure early identification and escalation of risks, issues, trends and developments to relevant stakeholders.
* Ensure that assigned audit work is executed in an efficient and effective manner, within the given budget and timelines, and in line with GIA methodology standards.
* Apply expert auditing skills and relevant business, technical and risk management knowledge to the assigned audits.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the business, within GIA.
Regulatory and business conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters, consistent with GIA's role.
Qualifications and Skills
An experienced loan reviewer, with background in corporate and institutional banking credit analysis.
- Credit analysis:
- A credit review specialist, with a minimum of 5 years experience in corporate and institutional banking
- Formal credit training is required
- Knowledge of risk assessment models including PD, LGD &, EL
- Prior experience in an independent loan review function is preferred, including managing loan reviews, participating in loan reviews, and experience with continuous monitoring
- Oil & Gas, Energy, and Natural Resources industry experience is preferred
- Familiarity with Project & Structured Finance is preferred
- Audit experience preferred
- Strong communicator, both written and oral
- Data reconciliation and analysis, including advanced MS Excel skills
- Self-starter, ability to conduct job responsibilities with limited guidance from senior management
- Ability to influence and gain the respect of management, stakeholders, peers and audit teams
- Confident and courageous to raise and escalate issues in a proactive, professional and timely manner
- Ability to commit up to 10% business travel
- Ability to perform the role of Change Leader.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31/08/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.