VP - AML/Financial Crime
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 27 Sep 16
My client a global financial services organization based in Manhattan are recruiting for a VP - Financial Crimes Compliance to join the team.
The company is a multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Europe. It is has operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards.
The VP - Financial Crimes Compliance will:
- Manage team's caseload and identify high-profile cases that require immediate attention.
- Produce, manage and disseminate monthly MI to the FinCrime Group including senior management.
- Own and manage the team's QA process, including the review of alert analysis, cases, and exception report, adjusting and improving this process as needed.
- Review and dispose surveillance alerts generated by the Firm's automated surveillance system.
- Identify areas of training need and assist in creating / implementing the training.
- Conduct in-depth investigations into suspicious or unusual transactions occurring in the investment bank.
- Draft a suspicious activity report ("SAR") when a reportable event is determined.
- Draft a closing memorandum to document a completed investigation that is deemed no further action necessary.
The VP - Financial Crimes Compliance will be based in Manhattan and will have the following profile:
- Four-year college degree
- 2 years of experience in Financial Crime Investigations / investigations of fraud-related matters.
- 2 years of investigative experience involving Financial Crime/fraud related matters, including investigations involving potential trading on material non-public information and market violations.
- 2 years of conducting due diligence and research.
- Demonstrated knowledge of brokerage industry, products and services.
- Experience reviewing and clearing AML alerts generated by a transaction monitoring tool (e.g. Actimize or Mantas)
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Experience in and strong understanding of AML, Sanctions, governance and regulatory control frameworks and best practices.
- Must have ability to act decisively and independently in situations requiring quick analysis and decision making.
Competitive Salary + Benefits + Bonus