AVP Wholesale Risk Techology Sr. Auditor
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 27 Sep 16
AVP Wholesale Risk Techology Sr. Auditor
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
The JPMorgan Chase & Co Audit Department is accountable to the Audit and Examining Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chairman, senior management and our global and local regulators. The global Audit Department has in excess of 1000 Audit Officers.
The Wholesale Risk Technology Audit Team is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environments across all of the Wholesale Risk businesses. This is achieved through a program of audit coverage, which is performed and managed by a team of integrated technology and financial business audit specialists.
This role is for an experienced IT audit professional to join the Wholesale Risk Technology Audit Team. This position will be based in New York and a key area of focus for this role will include coverage of technology across Market Risk, Credit Risk, Operational, Country Risk, Risk Reporting, and Principal Risk.
The candidate will participate in all aspects of audit activities (technology and integrated audits) including risk assessments, planning, testing, control evaluation, workpaper documentation, report drafting, issue clearance with technology stakeholders, and follow-up/verification of issue closure. The candidate will also monitor various projects with major application development initiatives, and performing continuous risk assessments of coverage areas.
In addition, the candidate will develop technology stakeholder relationships as well as partner with Audit team members in other business areas (e.g. Corporate & Investment Bank, Consumer & Community Banking, etc.) to ensure the delivery of a seamless program of control and audit risk coverage.
- Work closely with business and technology audit colleagues to ensure that key risks are identified and assessed in the program of audit coverage.
- Assist in all aspects of audits including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, report drafting and follow up and verification of issue closure.
- Perform audit work in accordance with department and professional standards, and complete assignments in an efficient manner.
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy and completeness of audit coverage.
- Write audit work papers and reports with minimal intervention by the Audit manager.
- Partner with colleagues, stakeholders and control community members to evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls with appropriate recommendations for improvement. This may be delivered through specific audit reviews or through ongoing involvement in major activities or projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Accounting, Finance, or Business with at least 4+ years of internal or external auditing experience, with a good level of technology background.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and / or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Knowledge of system development life cycle concepts with an ability to quickly learn a complex, distributed computing environment.
- Solid understanding of internal control concepts with the ability to evaluate and determine the adequacy of controls by considering business and technology risks in an integrated manner.
- Knowledge of distributed technologies considered a plus along with a good understanding of controls related to operating system and database platforms.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in an efficient and effective manner with minimal supervision.
- Experience in planning and executing audits in accordance with professional standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Also, good interpersonal skills with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management, and influence change.
- Ability to quickly build strong partnerships amongst technology and business Audit teams and internal stakeholders. Acts in an integrated manner and demonstrates a proactive and engaging approach during audit planning, execution and reporting.
- Team player who works well individually and in teams, shares information and collaborates with colleagues during execution of the audit plan.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, strong interest in learning, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility / accountability.