Americas Head of Data Science / Engineering
We are seeking talented, experienced data engineering and science professionals to join a growing, high-visibility cross-Bank team that is developing and deploying solutions to some of Credit Suisse’s most challenging analytic problems. As a member of this team, the successful candidate will work with clients and data spanning Credit Suisse’s global organization to solve emerging mission-critical challenges via the utilization of emerging technologies such as:
- Distributed file systems and storage technologies (HDFS, HBase, Accumulo, Hive)
- Large-scale distributed data analytic platforms and compute environments (Spark, Map/Reduce)
- Emerging data science techniques and mathematical models (machine learning, graph/link analysis, natural language processing)
- Tools for semantic reasoning and ontological data normalization (RDF, SPARQL)
- A formal background and proven experience in mathematics, statistics and computer science, particularly within the financial services sector. Experience within related fields such as physics, chemistry or biology will be considered.
- A successful history of developing production-quality enterprise software using programming languages such as Python, C, C++, Java or Scala. Experience with R will be considered.
- The ability to function within a multidisciplinary, global team. Be a self-starter with a solid curiosity for extracting knowledge from data and the ability to elicit technical requirements from a non-technical audience.
- Solid communication skills and the ability to present deep technical findings to a business audience.
- 7+ years experience in enterprise IT at a global organization.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Experience with distributed computing environments such as Hadoop, Spark or High Performance Computing (HPC) systems and an understanding of parallel application performance and reliability.
- Experience developing software within a large enterprise environment (agile or associated development methodologies, backtesting, release management, JIRA).
- An understanding of Unix/Linux including system administration and shell scripting.
- Database management and business intelligence including SQL, data modeling or schema management. Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra or associated technologies is a plus.
- An ability to construct end-to-end data analytic workflows including data capture, cleaning, normalization, exploration, modeling and visualization, preferably utilizing the tools previously described.
- Experience with data science techniques and associated libraries such as NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, NLTK or MatPlotLib (Python) or equivalent R packages. Such techniques include a good to great understanding of statistical models, graph algorithms, probabilistic algorithms, classification, clustering or related approaches as it applies to financial applications.
- Experience with Semantic Web technologies and methodologies such as OWL, RDF and SPARQL a plus.
- Investment Banking experience is a plus.
For more information visit Technology Careers