- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Aug 17
Assistant Vice President - Project Manager - MIS Operations, Data and Controls (ODC)
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role
The Project Management Office manages a broad array of projects that improve operational effectiveness, introduce/enhance technology, establish new business functions, introduce/extend products, and manage change for the MIS ratings business. The AVP Project Manager's role is to solution, support, and manage strategic cross-business projects and/or work streams that transform and advance MIS' ratings business.
Purpose of role:
- Support ratings agency business initiatives
- Identify, assess, and recommend solutions to business problems and needs
- Ensure successful execution of projects that meet business objectives
- Maintain organization of and transparency into strategic cross-business projects
- Successful execution of project deliverables.
- Effective communication of status, issues, and risks.
- Effective stakeholder managment
- Attention to detail in deliverables and work products.
Project Management Office
Typical Responsibilities and Duties:
- Partner with business groups to strategically plan and implement strategies
- Develop and present recommendations for senior management
- Develop and manage detailed project plans and risks/issues/decisions logs and escalate issues to managers senior team members as appropriate; prepare project / workstream meeting agendas, document meeting outcomes and next steps
- Take ownership for deliverables and/or sections of deliverables
- Coordinate and collaborate with various functions / departments and project teams across multiple, global locations to plan and execute strategic initiatives
- Lead meetings with key internal project team members, business stakeholders and manage varying opinions on key subjects and decisions
- Prepare and present project status updates to senior management
- Independently identify risks/issues and manage their resolutions
- Identify opportunities for improvement (e.g. for operating effectiveness and efficiency) and implement strategic solutions to address business needs
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses, presentations, and special projects as needed
- Identify and implement organizational and project management best practices
- Ensure effective change management strategy and execution
- 7 - 10 years of work experience in consulting, project management, or strategy within the financial services industry.
- Experience managing large strategic business initiatives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, experience presenting to senior management
- Strong analytical and strategic problem solving skills, risk management a plus
- Self-starter who is motivated, organized, and can meet tight deadlines
- Strong results orientation, with a focus on quality and attention to detail
- Ability to set direction, monitor progress, and ensure that working groups meet project deliverables
- Strong ability to adapt to shifting priorities and multi-task
- Good understanding of financial analysis & credit risk
- Change Management skills
- Strong MS Excel, Powerpoint, Word skills (Advanced or Expert level preferred)
- Experience using Project Management software
- Process reengineering experience a plus
- Management experience a plus
- MBA a plus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.