BlackRock Analyst Mortgage Modeling
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Sep 16
BlackRock Analyst Mortgage Modeling
Business Unit Overview:
The Financial Modeling Group (FMG) is responsible for the research and development of financial models underpinning the risk management analytics produced at BlackRock. The group also contributes to the infrastructure and software responsible for the production of analytics and the delivery of analytic content to portfolio and risk management professionals both within and outside BlackRock. Given the diversity of business objectives among BlackRock Solutions clients and within BlackRock itself the models developed and supported by the Financial Modeling Group span a wide array of financial products, ranging from equity to fixed income to derivatives. In addition, members of FMG seek to provide analysis and insight on many different levels from analysis of the cash flows of a single bond to the overall financial risk associated with an entire portfolio, enterprise or balance sheet.
The Financial Modeling Group focuses on developing mathematical and behavioral models in valuation and risk management, covering asset classes including but not limited to Fixed Income, Equity and Alternatives. This role focuses on the design and implementation of fixed income analytics and models, particularly Agency mortgages.
The position will learn the technology of risk analytics related to Fixed Income, along with a deep understanding of the business knowledge that makes our analytics valuable for risk management and trading.
- Implement our models and integrate the model into the Aladdin high performance, distributed analytics infrastructure.
- Build new tools and analytics such as forecast error projection, relative value analysis for our internal and external clients.
- They will have the opportunity to work on significant projects that will expand their knowledge and skills, as well as benefit BlackRock
- They will also help with maintenance and support of our existing models.
- A master level education with a focus on computer science, math, engineering or finance, or comparable work experience is required. Some exposure to finance is also highly desirable.
- Prior Experience of 2 to 4 years in software development, quantitative modeling or machine learning.
- Strong programming skills in C++, SQL and UNIX.
- Java/Perl/Python/R programming skills and exposure to Big Data tools are highly desirable
- Must be able to write and understand complex financial algorithms for implementing/deploying models and applications with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest towards learning about new technologies and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and oral and written communication skills are also required
- Excellent programming knowledge with quantitative development and finance exposure.
- Good knowledge of statistics and mathematical modeling a plus.
- Strong desire to apply these skills to address financial problems and issues that BlackRock encounters in the course of business.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and strong work ethics
- Possess a positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Possesses excellent communication and presentation skills
- Possesses excellent creative and analytical skills
- Organized in carrying out the responsibilities, possess strong time management skills and should be high on focus
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.