The individual chosen to fill this Business Analyst role will be part of the IT Alignment team within Operations, Data and Controls group that is leading the delivery of One Ratings Platform, Moody's future state ratings system, working closely with key business users and technology teams to document, test, train and provide ongoing support to all lines of business as ORP is deployed over the next one to three years.
- Manage and author thorough, detailed, high-quality documentation of all aspects of solutions, including business requirements, use cases, and other documents.
- Drive working meetings with key business users and SMEs to gather business requirements.
- Resolve any conflicts with requirements between the business, technology and other stakeholders.
- Obtain signoffs and managing change requests.
- Support end-to-end analysis with respect to requirements, processes and workflows.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of MIS business processes and systems.
- Key support for User Acceptance Testing (UAT), including identifying test scenarios, developing user-facing test scripts, and working closely with end-users during multiple UAT cycles.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships, keeping stakeholders informed and engaged throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Produce and present materials, including requirements documents and presentations.
- Drive change management initiatives.
- Manage key initiatives or projects related to the Operating Model, Transformation and Technology.
- Support implementation of business initiatives, including collaboration on the development and governance of standards and methodologies, the use of a strategic modeling tool for process design and business process repository.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and results-driven.
- Proven ability to collaborate within and across multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively communicate information to various stakeholders using written materials and verbal presentations.
- Plan and lead meetings and working sessions effectively with both business and technology teams.
- Handle multiple projects and assignments concurrently while maintaining high levels of quality and effectiveness.
- Comfortable with working through ambiguity to help develop effective solutions.
- Ability to adapt to change as needed.
- Creative problem solver, working with the businesses and technical stakeholders on determining root causes, developing solutions and resolving issues.
- Ability to effectively manage time and priorities.
- Bachelor's degree, MBA a plus.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in business analysis, project management, data analysis or similar role. Experience in the Financial Services Industry a plus.
- Intermediate skills using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Basic skills using Visio and MS Project. Knowledge of SQL is a plus.
- Possesses excellent verbal and writing skills, project and time management skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple projects and priorities simultaneously. Basic understanding of SDLC methodologies.
- Experience with process design and analysis tools such as Casewise or exposure to Pega a plus.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.