Credit Portfolio Analyst (Healthcare Industry)
- Very competitive with generous benefits package.
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Mizuho Bank Ltd
- 26 Sep 16
Credit and Client Coverage in Corporate Finance is organized along industry sectors. Working closely with Mizuho Securities USA, Inc., Mizuho Bank USA, Inc. and other product and risk management partners around the globe, U.S. Corporate Finance utilizes its expertise to deliver creative ideas and tailor-made
Credit and Client Coverage in Corporate Finance is organized along industry sectors. Working closely with Mizuho Securities USA, Inc., Mizuho Bank USA, Inc. and other product and risk management partners around the globe, U.S. Corporate Finance utilizes its expertise to deliver creative ideas and tailor-made solutions to clients.
Perform credit analysis and assessment of existing and prospective clients and counterparties under direction of senior staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare credit applications, including in-depth credit analysis, rating sheets, relationship profit/investment return analysis and any other requested or required forms or information needed to complete a proper assessment of the client/transaction.
- In-depth credit analysis should include historical financial analysis, industry and market analysis, transaction analysis (i.e. structure issues, collateral, etc.), and cash flow projections (as required).
- The application should identify the major trends, issues, risks, strengths and weaknesses of the client/transaction, along with a complete assessment and recommendation.
- Review and/or prepare legal documents in conjunction with the Legal Department or outside counsel.
- Prepare marketing materials and proposals (as required).
- Respond to various client requests as directed.
- Through industry knowledge, identify opportunities with both existing and prospect clients and discuss them with senior officers.
- Contact agent banks to seek new opportunities and to obtain useful information for new transactions.
- Monitor all clients, with publicly available information, on a daily basis according to the monitoring policy of the Division.
- Evaluate clients/transactions for changes in risks and make recommendations on any risk rating changes or other measures to be taken.
- Complete risk rating review for each client/transaction as required.
- Collect and review financial statements, covenant compliance statements and other required information, on a timely basis.
- Ensure covenants are adhered to and that all required client information is obtained in a timely manner.
- Monitor and report as required on any changes in industry/market trends.
- Assist and coordinate booking requests and other administrative functions with the Administration Group of the Division and Middle and Back Office at Harborside, NJ.
- Assist Team Leader and other senior staff with other administrative and/or specific duties within the team, as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS OR EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics or strong quantitative background.
- Formalized Credit Training (preferred) from an accredited financial institution.
- 1-3 years credit experience in a financial institution, with coverage experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical, medical and surgical equipment Industries sector a plus.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong PC skills, including knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team oriented person.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.