DEV OPS ENGINEER
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 17
Assist in the deployment and roll-out of new features and installation. Server as a primary point on managing the overall system health, performance, and capacity of Cloud9 internal and client facing systems. Obtain a deep understanding of Cloud9 Technologies infrastructure and applications.
WHO WE ARE
Come join some of the best technologists and business leaders in the industry as we innovate traditional communication solutions to the point of disruption. We are a well-funded start-up, led by highly successful industry veterans, creating the next generation of voice, messaging and collaboration services.
We are committed to utilizing a range of exciting technologies in creative and intelligent ways. In less than a year C9 has made a major impact on the trading world, offering a vastly superior alternative to traditional trading turrets with our Cloud9 service. In order to continue our rapid growth in this space and expand our offerings to other business verticals, we need to grow our team.
WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK HERE
- We are in the business of creating simple but creative solutions
- You will be getting in at an early stage of a company that has tremendous growth potential
- We invest in our people and offer true career paths
- We care deeply about technology and innovation
- We have strong relationships with our customers and understand their workflows and concerns
- Our employees have a voice and are expected to come to the table with new ideas
- We offer a great quality of life with highly competitive compensation and benefits
- We have a lot of fun
- Assist in the deployment and roll-out of new features and installation.
- Server as a primary point on managing the overall system health, performance, and capacity of Cloud9 internal and client facing systems.
- Obtain a deep understanding of Cloud9 Technologies infrastructure and applications.
- Work with the development team to ensure that new architectures are drawn up with “ease of management”, delivery, and operability in mind.
- Implement and develop tools/scripts to monitor and deploy a continuously growing environment
- Participate in an on call rotation
- Research, design, and test new cloud9 systems in conjunction with the development team. Ensure that new systems are monitored and managed appropriately.
What we can expect from you:
- Experience with AWS, Splunk, Redis, Puppet and MySQL
- Experience using Git and deep knowledge of git branching workflow.
- Deep understanding of configuration management theory, implementation, and scaling
- Troubleshooting experience that spans networking, linux/windows systems, and code
- Scripting experience in Python, particularly in system automation and monitoring.
- B.S. of higher in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Strong Communication skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment with other devops engineers, product managers, developers, etc.
Cloud9 Technologies, LLC. values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or local law.