We are seeking talented, experienced data engineering and science professionals to join a growing, high-visibility cross-Bank team that is developing and deploying solutions to some of Credit Suisse’s most challenging analytic problems. As a member of this team, the successful candidate will work with clients and data spanning Credit Suisse’s global organization to solve emerging mission-critical challenges via the utilization of emerging technologies such as:
- Distributed file systems and storage technologies (HDFS, HBase, Accumulo, Hive)
- Large-scale distributed data analytic platforms and compute environments (Spark, Map/Reduce)
- Emerging data science techniques and mathematical models
- A formal background and proven experience in mathematics, statistics and computer science, particularly within the financial services sector. Experience within related fields such as physics, chemistry or biology will be considered.
- A successful history of developing production-quality enterprise software using programming languages such as Python, C, C++, Java or Scala.
- A good knowledge of Unix/Linux including system administration and shell scripting.
- Experience on administration, management and deployment of Hadoop production clusters.
- The ability to function within a multidisciplinary, global team. Be a self-starter with a solid curiosity for extracting knowledge from data and the ability to elicit technical requirements from a non-technical audience.
- Solid communication skills and the ability to present deep technical findings to a business audience.
- Experience with distributed computing environments such as Hadoop, Spark or High Performance Computing (HPC) systems and an understanding of parallel application performance and reliability.
- Experience developing software within a large enterprise environment (agile or associated development methodologies, release management, JIRA).
- Experience with Hadoop Distribution and Core Hadoop Echo System components: MapReduce and HDFS.
- Experience with Hadoop ETL/Data Ingestion: Sqoop, Flume, Hive, Spark.
- Experience with open source configuration management and deployment tools and Scripting using Python/Shell/Bash
- Investment Banking experience is a plus.
For more information visit Technology Careers