About Brickendon Consulting:
Brickendon is a rapidly growing management & technology consultancy providing solutions to Global Banks and Asset Managers based in New York and London. We are 7 years old and have grown from 2 to over 100 people in 7 years of operation, with a view to double in size over the next 2 years.
Application Developer - Front Office Risk
As a Risk Application Developer / Analyst Programmer, your duties will be;
- Join as a member of our UK Risk & Regulatory Practice teams.
- Advising clients on strategic matters linked to technology and development.
- Managing key stakeholders.
- Hands-on development and design using recognised languages i.e. Java, C# .net
- Create technical design documents adhering to predefined standards and best industry practices
- Work closely with multiple teams including Quants, Risk Management and Business Analysts to understand requirements and deliver solutions to agreed timelines.
- Develiver to ongoing client projects supporting new modeling initiatives and requirements for regulatory projects such as CCAR and FRTB.
- Perform design reviews with the appropriate technical leads, architects and design authorities
- Continuous improvement of development and release environment, tooling and processes
- Lead test-driven development (TDD) adoption
- Work closely with QA where appropriate
- Conduct regular code reviews and provide constructive feedback
- Perform data analysis and business flow implementation
- Implement business process rules in data flow solution
- Develop/extend tools to support the configuration, monitoring and metrics reporting for business processes
- Planning and coordinating release activities
The Risk Application Developer / Analyst Programmer, will possess the following skills and experience;
- MUST have experience in investmenet banking / capital markets environments to be considered
- Strong core development priciples across Java, Python and / or C# .Net
- Extensive experience and understanding of distributed systems, and high performance/low latency computing requirements.
- You will have experience in the development of FO risk management systems
- Good knowledge of market data and risk calculation implementation
- Ability to interact with senior management in both the Business and IT
- MUST have proven experience working in Risk environments within Investment banking / Capital Markets, either in Front-office or Market Risk/Credit Risk with a good understanding of risk sensitivities
- Previous experience working on Risk Stress Testing initiatives / projects.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of test driven development (TDD)
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix operating environment and scripting experience
- Problem solver with an analytical mind set