Enhanced Due Diligence Officer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Sep 16
Perform investigations of high risk entities and draft holistic customer risk analyses
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assess the risk of foreign correspondent accounts by reviewing transactional history and product usgage
Assess the geopolitical risk of the markets serviced by foreign correspondent customers.
Review and assess the materiality of adverse media
Draft holistic customer risk analyses of foreign correspondent banking prospects and other high risk entity account (e.g., product sought, customer [products and services, assets, business strategy, customer base, geographical footprint], country of domicile, material negative news, PEPs, legislative/regulatory environment, reputational and other related risks), based on investigation using pubilcly available and third party vendor research tools Typical entity types include foreign financial institutions, corporations, hedge funds, and other corporate forms with complex beneficial ownership and management structures
Practical understanding of Bank Secrecy Act, BSA/AML Examination Manual and FINCen Guidance (including in particular Due Diligence Programs for Correspondent Accounts for Foreign Financial Institutions, Subchapter F, Sec. 1010.610; Customer Due Diligence http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2011-title31-vol3/pdf/CFR-2011-title31-vol3-sec1010-610.pdf; Requirements for Financial Institutions, (Proposed), Federal Registry, Vol. 79, No. 149, Aug. 04, 2014) http://www.fincen.gov/statutes_regs/files/CDD-NPRM-Final.pdf
(2) or more years of compliance experience conducting holistic Enhanced Due Diligence investigations, including beneficial ownership analyses; PEP determinations; negative news media investigations and reviews of SAR filing history; and determining, where appropriate, to recommend a review of a customer’s transactional history
- Superior analytic skills and polished writing ability
- Detail oriented
- Strong work ethic and customer centric focus
- Internet savvy and proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Collegiality, esprit de corps, and ability to work independently
- Versatility in balancing demands of competing stakeholders
- BA; advanced degree in law or international political affairs preferred
- Advanced understanding of international economics and/or political affairs
- ACAMS certified
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. This document is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required by the incumbents. Job responsibilities are subject to change, with or without notice. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities at any time at the Firm’s total discretion.
This document does not constitute a contract of employment with you of any kind, express or implied for any duration, or with respect to any of its stated or omitted terms. As described in the Firm’s employee handbook, the Firm reserves the right to terminate your employment with or without cause, notice or reason at any time at its sole discretion.