Firmwide Finance - Quantitative Developer / Data Scientist - VP- NYC
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Sep 16
Firmwide Finance - Quantitative Developer / Data Scientist - VP- NYC
JPMorgan Chase & Co . (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
About the Corporate Financial Analysis Group:
The Financial Analysis Group is comprised of five teams responsible for partnering across the firm to provide financial and strategic analysis, central oversight and coordination of firmwide budgeting and forecasting, macroeconomic scenario design and distribution, and strategic program management and execution including the new Firmwide Forecasting Framework (F3).
- The Corporate Finance Analytics (CFA) team is responsible for partnering across the firm to provide financial and strategic analysis related to business performance, regulatory reform, capital generation and investment/distribution
- The Corporate Planning & Analysis (P&A) team is primarily responsible for leading and coordinating the firmwide budgeting and forecasting process, including the short- and long-term projection of earnings, balance sheet and capital over varying economic scenarios
- The Economic Scenario Management team centrally coordinates and develops the end-to-end design, review and distribution of macroeconomic scenarios used in the firm's forecasting processes.
- The Firmwide Forecasting & Analysis (FFA) team partners with Corporate and LOB Finance, Risk, and Technology teams to deliver a centralized, end-to-end, multi-purpose forecasting platform, Firmwide Forecasting Framework (F3), to drive automation efficiencies, consistency, transparency, and controls across the firm.
- The Financial Analysis Program Management team supports the Financial Analysis team and LOBs in managing core efforts to improve business processes and controls, including the Strategic Forecasting program
The candidate will work in the Firmwide Forecasting & Analysis (FFA) team in the development of the Firmwide Forecasting Framework (F3), an integrated platform for model deployment, forecast orchestration and analysis, which is used in firmwide forecasting processes covering the entire balance sheet and P&L.
In this position the candidate will work in the data model, data analysis and front end initiative to rearchitect the models, formats and methodologies that will be part of the next generation of the forecasting and analysis platform. The position is central in the partnership with all the teams that are responsible for the Firmwide Forecasting, the Planning and Analysis (P&A), the Technology teams and the PMO. This position provides a good opportunity to have a comprehensive view of the data management across all the Firm's forecasting and analysis.
The candidate must have strong skills in software architecture to contribute to the design and development of the platform. This role will involve designing core components of the platform, and providing guidance to other teams that work in the implementation of framework components and teams of framework users to ensure that the data principles and models are followed. The candidate will largely act as an architect, however hands-on involvement in the development of prototypes, reference implementations and proofs of concept is expected, so a good understanding of software engineering and programming skills are required.
The position involves interaction with many teams including finance, wholesale and retail credit, market risk, liquidity, business technology, data groups and the model risk group. The ability to work efficiently and communicate effectively across these boundaries will be one of the keys to success.
The candidate must have experience in the generation and analysis of
Highlights of the Opportunity:
- You will be actively contributing to the design of one of the most ambitious platforms in the industry, for one of the largest banks in the world
- You will contribute directly to the shaping of the data that feeds the models, and how the forecast data is layout and distributed across different components to enable sophisticated reporting and sensitivity analysis
- You will have the opportunity to get to know the hundreds of data flows that are used to compose a forecast, end-to-end, for all lines of business, for all products and to analyze them.
- You will be joining an extremely dynamic team with enormous visibility - the team reports directly into the CFO, and the project has enormous visibility both inside the organization, and across regulatory bodies (e.g. Federal Reserve, OCC, FDIC), a team passionate about delivering high quality products, that places enormous emphasis in personal development, innovation and creation of intellectual property
- Partner with Line of Business, Technology and Finance teams to compile the data, analysis and front end requirements and align them with the strategic directions of F3 and the finance and risk requirements
- Unify the F3 business vocabulary and align it with the Firmwide Chief Data Office and the finance domain standards. Develop data architecture principles for the calculators as well as the reporting for risk and finance analysis
- Design and implement critical core parts of the platform that handle distributed computing, parallelization of calculations and acceleration of numeric routines, and management and analysis of large datasets
- Stay current with emerging developments in models, approaches and requirements, both regulatory and others, and oversee the corresponding changes in models, systems, and processes
- Contribute to the design and development of the new framework features to provide analytic capabilities and advanced integration with reporting tools using big data technologies
The candidate must be familiar and have experience in the development lifecycle of systems; especially in the architecture, requirements and design areas. A very relevant part of the work will be to guide and influence the calculator and framework implementers to adopt the new data models, highlighting the benefits both on firmwide and system specific levels.
- Advanced degree in a Finance, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Strong analytical abilities and comprehensive approach to problem solving
- Excellent quantitative skills; experience in building econometric or general purpose statistical models (GLM's, GAM's, Time Series Analysis, Longitudinal Data Analysis).
- Knowledge of finance, risk management or related field
- Knowledge of data modeling and enterprise integration.
- Software development skills, specially in Python
- Knowledge of "big data" technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark) is a plus
- Knowledge of reporting and data visualization technologies Tableau, Essbase, R/Shiny a big plus