GTB Regulatory & Risk Manager - VP
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank - US
- 24 Sep 16
Deutsche Bank A Passion to Perform. It’s what drives us. More than a claim, this describes the way we do business. We compete to be the leading global provider of financial services, balancing passion with precision to deliver superior solutions for our
~~clients. This is made possible by our people: agile minds, able to see beyond the obvious act effectively in an ever-changing global business landscape. As you’ll discover, our culture supports this. Diverse, international and shaped by a variety of different perspectives, we’re driven by a shared sense of purpose. At every level agile minds are rewarded with competitive pay, support and the opportunity to excel.
Named the "Best Global Investment Bank“ in Euromoney Magazine’s annual Awards for Excellence, Deutsche Bank is a leader in Germany and Europe and is continuously growing in North America, Asia and key emerging markets.
Corporate & Investment Banking: Global Transaction Banking
In today’s fast-moving, ever-changing business landscape, companies need more than just outstanding business models to perform - they need strong insight to achieve their business objectives.
Global Transaction Banking (GTB) division is not just a market leader in cash management, trade finance and securities services, we are also at the forefront in the provision of strategic thinking and the creation of global solutions.
Our universal expertise and worldwide experience presence in over 190 countries allows us to offer truly integrated and effective solutions. From domestic and cross-border payments, international trade finance, acting as trustees, agents and custodians for our clients, we aim to help you optimise every opportunity, minimise risk and achieve your commercial objectives
Our people are outstanding individuals with agile minds, from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. They generate fresh ideas and innovative solutions which set us apart from our competitors and add value to our clients.
Overview – GTB Regulatory & Risk Manager - VP
About GTB Division Control Office
The GTB Divisional Control Office Team is responsible to:
• Ensure robust governance framework for regulatory and risk management and decision making.
• Develop a holistic view of regulatory risk distilled from various sources: audits, daily processes, change the bank and remediation projects, Business as Usual” compliance with regulatory obligations and industry and policy groups.
• Anticipate regulators’ areas of interest, opportunities and hotspots.
• Proactively monitor client and operational risks across GTB including client screenings, NPAs, high risk incidents, etc.
• Oversee the GTB risk and control self assessment process including the identification of risks and control gaps.
• Interface with internal and external stakeholders and regulatory bodies and provide transparent regulatory MIS and reporting.
• Provide guidance and education on regulatory and risk matters to ensure high operating standards.
About the GTB Risk Specialist Role
Today across the Americas region, we have GTB staff with various sub-business areas operating in countries in North and South America. Each with their own distinct risks and control processes. In light of recent market issues, we face an increasing number of enhancements and regulatory requirements around the firm’s risk management and control practices across all markets. With the increased focus on risk and control activities, we require an experienced candidate who can assist GTB to proactively evaluate risk, compliance and control processes and work with the areas on remediate identify issues. Monitor and understand the evolving risks and controls to ensure that GTB has a strong control environment and risk monitoring capabilities.
The candidate would also need to proactively engage with the DB risk management, business and infrastructure functions across the region to both become a valued advisor on risk, compliance and control processes.
• Lead and participate in the annual GTB risk and control self assessment processes across the region.
• Assist the business in identifying and analyzing risk and control incidents and events.
• Provide training and education around risk and control environment.
• Proactively identify areas of risk and control processes that need enhancements.
• Ensure that all functions of GTB are aware of risk, compliance and control trends, both within the Americas and globally (i.e. those that impact Americas).
• Ensure a risk, compliance and control mindset, framework and methodology exists within GTB Americas including on regulatory matters and emerging trends.
• Work in close cooperation with other team members, business and infrastructure areas including Compliance, Legal, Finance, Risk, GTO and Treasury.
Requirements and Experience
• We are seeking a candidate with a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), strong organizational and data analysis abilities.
• Confidence to interact with senior management and ability to work with peers at all levels, both regionally and globally .
• Strong risk and control background is essential.
• Excellent project management, organizational skills, networking and people management skills.
• Experience in Compliance, audit or at a regulatory authority is preferred.
Core Skills & Experience with a proven track record in:
• Knowledge of the Americas financial sector regulatory landscape
• Working with internal and external auditors
• Excellent coordination and facilitation skills
• Strong interest and understanding of risk, control and regulatory issues
• Excellent organisational and coordination skills with the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent working knowledge of all MS Office products (especially Powerpoint and Excel)
• Team player, collaborative and at the same time able to work independently
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multitask, deliver within tight deadlines and prioritize work
• Strong analytical and negotiation skills
• Ability to think about issues, understand their implications and provide actionable solutions including the ability to think laterally and challenge the status quo.
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and pay transparency statement.