Guidelines Surveillance and Monitoring-Asset Management
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- The Compliance Search Group, LLC
- 30 Sep 16
Our client is a well respected asset management firm with a great track record of success. The company seeks a Senior Compliance Associate.
Client Documentation Reviews and Guideline Coding
- Participate actively in account onboarding, including negotiation of guidelines with client
- Review Fund and Account contracts documents including investment management agreements, investment policy statements, mutual fund prospectus and SAI documents to analyze and interpret necessary restrictions.
- Set-up guideline coding restrictions for new Funds and Accounts independently or requiring little oversight.
- Perform secondary review of existing guideline coding for accuracy and modify guidelines coding accordingly.
- Test potential guideline rules and proposed enhancements to the proprietary compliance restriction system to ensure accuracy before implementation.
- Assist Client Service and Client Accounting departments by helping resolve and communicate to clients regarding any compliance-related issues.
- Liaise with Portfolio Managers to help resolve portfolio exceptions and questions related to trading activity.
- Perform daily compliance exceptions monitoring by analyzing and validating exceptions.
- Report actual violations accurately and timely and follow through to resolution.
- Prepare customized monthly, quarterly client and mutual fund compliance reports.
Compliance Monitoring and Reporting
Perform a variety of forensic testing to ensure compliance with regulations and company policies and procedures. This includes forensic testing on:
- Insider Trading
- Due diligence on Expert Network meetings
- Aggregation and Allocation processes
- Soft dollars
- Conflicts of Interest
- Quantitative models
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working at an investment management firm in any combination of Compliance, Portfolio Administration, or Operations.
- At least 2 years’ experience coding institutional client guidelines in a sophisticated restriction system such as Charles River or Latent Zero Sentinel.
- Strong ability to develop effective working relationships with investment staff and make articulate recommendations to department managers regarding potential solutions to issues.
- Energized by a fast-paced environment that is research oriented and places emphasis on the importance of personal accountability, while fostering a stimulating and team based approach.
- Excellent conceptual ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts to different situations.
- Drive projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Established ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize time effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Superb computer skills including expertise with Bloomberg, Longview Trading, Microsoft Office Suite, SQL Query Analyzer or other experience with industry trading and accounting systems.
- Keen customer service mentality.
- Ability to independently research details in order to perform a thorough analysis.
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to achieve results aptitude for remaining composed and confident under pressure.
- Outstanding judgment and logic under pressure or in time sensitive situations.
- Ability to perceive risks and make decisions quickly, often with incomplete information.
- Effective written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Passion for and understanding of markets and investing.