- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- SEQ Tech
- 06 Jan 17
Our client is a multi-strategy hedge fund looking for a bright and motivated Application Developer to join their development team. The individual will help code and support the firm’s array of proprietary applications and vendor integrations.
- Develop core components of our in house application suite, programming in Java.
- Participate across the entire lifecycle of mission critical applications, including business analysis, design and architecture, development, deployment, and support.
- Collaborate with our top-notch internal application development team, producing in-house applications and integrating vendor products to deliver rich, enterprise software solutions.
- Develop a rich understanding of relevant business workflows.
- Help code and support the firm’s array of proprietary applications and vendor integrations.
- Strong understanding and application of core java, design patterns, debugging, and testing (or any OO programming)
- Interest in the finance industry and learning the business
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write clearly, interact with various types of personalities, and demonstrate a high-level of professionalism.
- Strong SQL Skills
- C#.net or Java Programming Skills
- Fixed Income, Equity Business Knowledge
- Accounting Knowledge (VPM or Geneva)
- Graduate with a bachelor’s degree/ concentration in Engineering, Computer Science or related field from a top university.