Junior Java Developer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Palm Mason
- 14 Aug 17
We are looking to add to our cross asset Alumni Pro Development team with Java developers. The successful candidate will need between 6-24 months experience working in a similar role or exhibiting the same skillset.
The Java developer will play a major role to assist with building solutions and providing services to trading and risk systems within various financial asset classes such as FX, Fixed Income and Equities Space. The candidate will be expected to take an active role in the design, development, testing and delivery of back-end server processes.
Teams are likely to support systems across Front, Middle and Back Office including client connectivity, market access, low-latency trading, order management, smart-routing, internal crossing & algorithmic trading engines, Clearing, Regulatory and Securities. The Java Developer will be responsible for taking part in various stages of the delivery and software development process including activities like analysis, design, implementation, testing, and deployment of strategic and tactical solutions for execution strategies, improving scalability, performance and efficiency of the strategies.
Essential Skills include:
- 6-24 months experience in an backend development capacity
- Strong Java skills with ideally 1+ year of experience writing production code
- Core Java knowledge - Spring Framework, Patterns, Collections, Garbage Collection
- Previous experience using scripting languages ( Shell, Perl)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux
- Proficiency with at least one Enterprise level database (ex. Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2) and SQL
- Knowledge and working experience on Agile software development practices
- Unit testing and unit testing frameworks
- Experience with Java 8 and XML
- Experience developing client-server, distributed, real-time, performance-critical, highly available, or large-scale systems
- Experience working with Source Code Management solutions (ex. Git, Perforce, CVS)
- Computer science fundamentals (client/server, multi-threading, memory management)