Liquidity Risk Analyst, AVP
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Mizuho Bank Ltd
- 23 Sep 16
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. Mizuho Americas Risk Management The Mizuho Americas Risk function, reporting to the US CRO, was established in response to regulation YY – a series of Enhanced Prudential Standards (EPS) required by US regulators for Foreign Banking Organizations (FBOs) with $50bn or more
Mizuho Bank, Ltd.
Mizuho Americas Risk Management
The Mizuho Americas Risk function, reporting to the US CRO, was established in response to regulation YY – a series of Enhanced Prudential Standards (EPS) required by US regulators for Foreign Banking Organizations (FBOs) with $50bn or more in total US assets. Mizuho Americas Risk serves as an umbrella organization responsible for the risk management framework for all the Mizuho entities in the United States. Mizuho Americas Risk manages across four “risk stripes”: Market Risk, Credit Risk, Operational Risk, and Liquidity Risk.
The Liquidity Risk Management function of Mizuho Americas is responsible for reporting on liquidity and funding risks that affect the entities within the Mizuho US Operations. The scope includes the US Branches of Mizuho Bank (MHBK), and a US bank holding company which houses the non-branch subsidiaries. Non-branch subsidiaries include the MSUSA broker dealer, MHBK (USA) depository institution, MCMC swap dealer, and MHTNY trust bank.
The candidate will become a core member of the Mizuho Americas Liquidity Risk Management function and will conduct liquidity risk analysis, assess regulatory gaps, and update policies and procedures that govern liquidity risk in the Mizuho US Operations. The candidate should be comfortable with interacting with senior management across various legal entities, business lines, and functions.
- Monitor liquidity risk and ensure adherence to the liquidity reporting framework for all entities in the Mizuho US Operations by measuring daily activity versus established liquidity risk limits
- Compile and monitor daily liquidity Early Warning Indicators (EWIs) for the US Operations
- Integrate the liquidity risk reporting of each subsidiary and branch into cohesive reporting packages for senior management, including consolidation of presentations for a biweekly Liquidity Risk Working Group, a monthly US Financial Risk Committee, and a quarterly Board Risk Committee
- Respond to ad hoc liquidity reporting requests posed by senior management in the US and Head Office (HO) in Japan
- Update liquidity risk policies and procedures periodically and as needed
- Participate in documentation and testing for some liquidity risk modules being developed by a third party vendor, part of a larger overall system implementation project
- 5 - 7 years working in an analytical role for a diversified financial institution; experience in a Treasury department or Liquidity Risk function would be ideal
- Understanding of Liquidity risk management concepts, including cash flow forecasting, liquidity stress testing, and analysis of funding sources and uses for both bank and broker dealer entities
- Familiarity with BIS and US liquidity risk regulations including:
-Regulation YY - Enhanced Prudential Standards for Foreign Banking Organizations (FBOs)
-Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR) and Net Stable Funding Ratio (NSFR)
- High comfort level working with data and spreadsheets (e.g. pivot tables and vlookups); experience with VBA and macros also beneficial
- Good presentation and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to quickly absorb financial concepts and apply them to real world situations
- Familiarity with financial statement analysis of banks
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability
- Bachelor’s degree required; finance or accounting degree preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the US (no visa sponsorship)
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.