Market Risk Manager/Treasury & Cross Asset Banking Book - AVP
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank - US
- 20 Sep 16
Deutsche Bank A Passion to Perform. It’s what drives us. More than a claim, this describes the way we do business. We compete to be the leading global provider of financial services, balancing passion with precision to deliver superior solutions for our
clients. This is made possible by our people: agile minds, able to see beyond the obvious act effectively in an ever-changing global business landscape. As you’ll discover, our culture supports this. Diverse, international and shaped by a variety of different perspectives, we’re driven by a shared sense of purpose. At every level agile minds are rewarded with competitive pay, support and the opportunity to excel.
Named the "Best Global Investment Bank“ in Euromoney Magazine’s annual Awards for Excellence, Deutsche Bank is a leader in Germany and Europe and is continuously growing in North America, Asia and key emerging markets.
In an ever-changing financial landscape, the role of the Risk division has never been more important. A strong risk management culture helps to reinforce Deutsche Bank’s resilience. The function identifies, aggregates, manages and mitigates risk across the core activities of market risk management, operational risk management and credit risk management, supporting the bank’s strategies whilst protecting its capital and regulatory adherence.
Our people are outstanding individuals with agile minds, from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. They generate fresh ideas and innovative solutions which set us apart from our competitors and add value to our clients.
Market Risk Management (MRM) is responsible for managing market risk arising from Deutsche Bank’s trading activities as well as market risk embedded in its lending or primary activities. MRM carries out this responsibility in an independent and neutral way, providing a comprehensive and independent view of market risks to Senior Management.
The primary objective of MRM is to ensure that Business units of the Bank optimize the risk-reward relationship and do not expose it to unacceptable losses. This objective drives all of the activities conducted within MRM and we work closely with risk takers, risk managers and Control and Support groups in the process to ensure these objectives can be met.
US MRM Banking Book is a team within Market Risk Management covering market risk exposures generated in the following business areas in US:
- Treasury (incl. Pool, Banking Book Asset Liability Management, Capital Management, Liquidity & Funding)
- Private Wealth Management
- Global Transactional banking book activities
- Global Markets activities across all asset classes with regards to banking book
- Other banking book risks (pension, infrastructure etc)
Deutsche Bank has begun an extensive program to ensure compliance with the Interest Rate in Banking Book (IRRBB) standards, defining and implementing risk management framework for banking books across the Intermediate Holding Company (IHC) in US and later on expanding to the global banking books. This role is for an AVP in MRM Banking Book, which includes the following:
- Communicate to senior management banking book risk profile in the US.
- Implement and maintain a comprehensive framework to identify, measure, monitor & manage market risks
- Constant awareness and understanding of the market risks taken by the business areas and communication to senior management and with external stakeholders
- Partner with the business units to guide them through adopting risk in banking book programme
- Analyze and provide transparency to the senior management for the banking book risk metrics, including Economic Value of Equity (EVE) and Net Interest Income (NII)/ Earnings at Risk sensitivities
- Analyse and monitor banking book portfolio risk profile – portfolio measures, Greeks/sensitivities, stress results etc
- Built up a risk appetite framework, liaising with front office and other risk functions; understand and challenge the risk rewards of transactions
- Liaise with respective asset class risk managers to ensure that risk appetite stays within the limit
- Participate and lead working groups to improve risk identification, risk measurement and risk reporting
- Create and maintain strong relationships with the different teams in the bank (Front Office, Finance, Other Risk Divisions)
The role reports into the Head of MRM Treasury and Banking Book in the US.
Qualifications & Skills
- Intellectual curiosity to learn new products, risk measures, systems
- Independency and self motivation
- Ability to mobilize under pressure and deliver to the tight deadlines
- Ability to lead, manage and influence stakeholders/teams across different functions
- Take essential complex decisions on the basis of information made available
- Multiple years of experience in a financial markets role preferably in market risk management or Treasury areas
- University degree
- Understanding of the financial markets, derivatives and market risk
- Knowledge of key risk measures (e.g. duration, PV01, VaR, Stress)
- As a plus, good understanding of various risk frameworks and how they are interconnected for bank’s capital calculation
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and pay transparency statement.