- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Prospect 33
- 26 Sep 16
Our client, a top tier investment bank located in the heart of Manhattan has partnered with Prospect 33 to help build out a core PMO team for it's large scale regulatory agenda heading into 2017.
This role is for a senior program management officer, responsible for supporting the IB Strategic & Regulatory Change team in the delivery of projects and programs.
The PMO will be part of the PMO Practice within SRC and will be allocated to work with specified project or program managers on their initiatives for specified periods of time; this may be for the duration of the initiative or to cover specific periods of work.
- Manage the planning process for the program, facilitate planning workshops and create plans, budgets and staffing profiles. Work with initiative stakeholders to actively manage day to day activities, ensuring delivery accountability is in place across the initiative
- Coordinate the reporting process in accordance with Group and IB Portfolio Management standards.
- Develop and manage the initiative’s communication strategy and plan
- Manage and coordinate the program/project governance structure and meetings assisting the program manager in the preparation of materials;
- Monitor Group Standards and tools compliance by Project Managers and delivery teams, perform assessments and track remedial actions.
- Keep the strategic reporting tool up to date with a current and accurate record of project plan and status
- Pro-actively maintain the program/project CRAID log and assist program manager and work stream leads in the management and resolution of issues & risks;
- Co-ordinate the creation of program budgets and manage the tracking and reporting of program spend
- Maintain resource forecasts and staffing profiles, maintain resource plans and manage the on-boarding process
- Ensure time recording adhered to by project resources and follow up missing time
- Experienced PMO with a demonstrable track record working on financial services initiatives, ideally with regulatory cross functional delivery impact. VP level demonstrable Project Management Office experience (5 – 8+ years)
- In-depth knowledge of project office and project management function
- Good financial management experience
- Analytical skills
- Ability to network and influence others and work with senior stakeholders
- Prior experience of working in a corporate banking environment advantageous
- Strong understanding of risk and issue management and how this is performing with senior/ challenging stakeholders;
- Ability to communicate at all levels;
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to build strong relationships;
- Collaborative style with ability to quickly build trust/credibility;
- Understanding of project management best practices/ methodologies/ project lifecycle;
- Strong delivery focus;
- Ability to “roll up sleeves” and own resolution of “sticky problems”;
- Some multi geography project delivery experience.
- Minimum Bachelors degree preferred
- Project Management accreditation preferred
- MS Suite (incl Project, Excel and SharePoint)
- Use of Project Portfolio Management tools (e.g. HP PPM, Clarity, Planview etc)
- Solid knowledge of project management methodologies
- Experience of managing change in complex environment;
- Understanding of risk management & regulatory demands;
- Able to provide at least two professional references
- Eligible to work for any employer in the United State without sponsorship