Project Manager COO - Volcker Business Control Unit
- High Salary on Offer $$$$
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Mondrian Alpha Recruitment Solutions
- 26 Sep 16
My client, a top Investment bank based in Manhattan require a COO / Program Manager for a newly formed Volcker Business Control Unit team based in the Global Debt division. The key aspect of this role include executing on significant business critical change programs, forecast strategy planning and trading desk remediation. This individual will be instrumental in coordinating efforts and ensuring effective delivery to both internal desk heads and external clients and helping manage associated relationships.
The key aspect of this role include executing on significant business critical change programs, forecast strategy planning and trading desk remediation. My client would prefer be interested in speaking to former / current Management Consultants working in a strategy position (BCG, Bain and Company, McKinsey & Company, Accenture, ATKearney, Oliver Wyman etc), as long as they have had Financial Services exposure.
Reporting into a Americas lead for this team, you will be responsible for the management of strategic programs which effect the relevant trading desks, plus execution of this bank long-term strategic plan. This requires candidates with experience formulating and implementing strategic goals across business divisions, infrastructure functions, and regions.
The bank are eager to become simpler and more efficient by focusing on the markets, products and clients, leading to greater client satisfaction and lower costs. They require a seasoned candidates at a VP Level, versed in Front Office change management with the ability to analyse findings and able to adapt business models suitably. They require somebody who is smart, pragmatic and self-motivated. This organisation seeks to become less risky by modernising their outdated and fragmented technology and withdrawing from higher-risk relationships and locations. These will all become factors in your responsibility to execute change across the global debt business.
- The role will involve assisting in facilitating various Volcker governance forums, monitoring and reviewing Volcker related metrics as well as supporting the implementation of Volcker specific controls within the Front Office Compliance Framework.
- Monitor and review Volcker alerts and metrics for global markets - debt businesses as part of the Volcker Compliance Program (VCP)
- Assist in the presentation of findings to senior management
- Assist Front Office and the VRO in resolving concerns pertaining to the VCP
Key areas of responsibility:
- Monitor limits required under Volcker (including market making inventory limits calibrated to RENTD)
- efficacy of limit framework implemented under VCP for purpose of ensuring compliance with Volcker Rule
- Analysis performed for risk mitigating hedge exemptions & subsequent monitoring of hedge effectiveness
- Monitor selected Risk Factor Sensitivities submitted
Your primary responsibility will initially be making sure this business are no longer playing catch-up with regulation and market expectations, but instead looking out how the global business can be better structured to deliver a more efficient future state model.