Regulatory Planning Director
Position Responsibilities: * Function as a Regulatory Officer for ATD (the Americas Treasury Division) as a first line defense. * Oversee regulatory interface on behalf of ATD with a number of regulatory bodies (FRB,SEC,BOJ and others). * Liaise with HO (the Tokyo Head Office) and
- Function as a Regulatory Officer for ATD (the Americas Treasury Division) as a first line defense.
- Oversee regulatory interface on behalf of ATD with a number of regulatory bodies (FRB,SEC,BOJ and others).
- Liaise with HO (the Tokyo Head Office) and related departments in the Americas.
- Gather regulatory information from market participants and financial bodies.
- Maintain updated information on laws, regulations and market practices of ATD’s Treasury and Sales & Trading businesses.
- Plan inter-office procedures to maintain compliance with regulations.
- Research financial regulations in the Americas (USA, Canada, Mexico and Brazil)
- Function as Compliance Officer to the front office (as a first line defense)
- Develop and deliver compliance training for staff members of ATD
- Bachelors Degree
- Fluency in Japanese is a plus but not required
- Prior experience and exposure to financial laws, regulations and market practices
- Prior experience at a regulator would be a plus but not necessary.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution that offers clients award-winning strategic and creative solutions in corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. We have experts in offices throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Chile. Our operations in the Americas connect our broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector entities to local markets and the vast global network of our parent company—Mizuho Financial Group.
Mizuho Financial Group is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, offering comprehensive financial and strategic services including private banking and venture capital through its subsidiaries. Based in Japan, the group has over 56,000 professionals working in 920 offices in nearly 40 countries throughout Asia, EMEA, and the Americas. As of March 31, 2016 its total assets were $1.8 trillion.