Search Developer (Lucene/Solr)
- Use your deep expertise in the Information Retrieval field to deliver brilliant innovations to our search platform
- Implement automated techniques and processes for the bulk and real time indexing in Apache Solr of large-scale data sets in SQL Server and Mongo
- Write efficient search queries against Solr indexes using Solr API and Fusion
- Leverage Solr and Lucidworks Fusion to prototype and demonstrate new ideas
- Design, implement, and deploy highly scalable and reliable systems
- Troubleshoot Solr indexing process and querying engine
- Mentor the team on best practices, patterns, and techniques
- Work closely with the strategy, business and UX teams
Platform Technology Solutions
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Hands-on experience with Search frameworks including Solr and/or Elasticsearch
• Java development experience in a Unix/Linux environment
• Solid understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms & Object-Oriented concepts
• Proficiency with relational databases / SQL development
• Ability to solve complicated problems with simple solutions
• Passion for new technologies and services
• Understanding of Agile SDLC methodology
• Excellent verbal and communication skills in English
• Experience with Lucidworks Fusion
• Experience designing and implementing REST and XML-based web services
• Knowledge of Mongo DB or other NOSQL databases
• Understanding of user interface design for search
• Experience working in an Agile development environment
• Positive, self-starter attitude and desire to exceed
expectations at every opportunity
• Attention to detail and absolute focus on quality of work
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.