- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Sep 17
Senior Billing Manager
Location: New York, NY, USARole/Responsibilities:
The Manager position supports the rating agency's invoicing activities. In order to meet the above, the individual will need to have a detailed knowledge of the rating products, fee schedules and the systems used.
The Senior Manager has the overall responsibility for the functional areas assigned to the individual, including the systems utilized and direct responsibility for operational requirements. Possessing sound knowledge of the business as well as developing strong working relationships with all teams that support the rating agency is required in order to achieve the above objective.
The Manager will need to have a micro perspective of the team's strategy, policies, goals and objectives. They will need to organize the execution of these processes and help organize, the translation, into procedures and plans that will ensure that the above is being met. They will work closely with staff in organizing group responsibilities and will take lead in the preparation of period-end departmental analysis and reporting.
The establishment/maintenance of a strong, well balanced management team is essential to the success of the role.
- Sign-off on the accuracy, completeness, presentation/disclosure and timeliness of invoices for your assigned line of business.
- Document the inspection and review of all invoice drafts processed.
- Approve draft invoices through billing systems for authorized designations.
- Ensure that processes are in place to meet the above objectives and that they are consistently applied.
- Ensure that an audit trail is maintained (and clearly evidenced) to evidence the work performed by the team.
- Ensure that fee schedules are accurately interpreted and are applied based on the business requirement.
- Ensure that exceptions are authorized and applied according to applicable policy.
- Ensures that the team is meeting internal policy and procedure requirements by being aware of the key controls, risks and compensating controls in his/her process flow and identifies changes in the operating and internal controls environment.
- Act as the 'technical expert' for the function, in a proactive and reactive capacity. This should encompass areas that are related to the billing function; that is, upstream and downstream of the function (e.g. AccuRate and PeopleSoft).
- Facilitate regular billing processes; for instance, assisting in the interpretation of new fee schedules.
- Monthly/Quarterly - prepare and distribute predefined (including those for the B&C pack, Commercial team, Revenue Accounting and MIT) reports in a timely manner for their users.
- Prepare and analyze ad-hoc reports as required (typically from the Controller, Revenue Accounting and Commercial teams).
- Identify target areas and develop a plan (priority, timing, participants, etc).
- Steer/drive the individual projects through to implementation.
- Drive business line initiatives to comply with financial procedural requirements; SOX requirement.
- Individual will provide Billing staff with detail, functional training, specifying detailed direction, instruction and guidance.
- Provide structured and ad-hoc training to the team and related parties as required.
- Involve peers and other group members in relevant tasks/projects and facilitate their training and development.
- Provide billing team with leadership, guidance and direction, identifying; status of work-flow; project completion, areas that need focus. Address obstacles that may be impeding team/individual progress.
- Help assess team's areas of strength/weakness and develop plan for group and individual development.
- Identify material issues/concerns that arise and coordinate resolution, including communications to Senior Manager and leadership team.
- Develop team concept. Assist in cross training team members and maintaining consistent level
- Support team's individual goals, monitor progress.
- Contribute towards employee performance evaluations in a timely manner.
Computer Applications/Systems (Phoenix and other related)
- Take the lead on issues that relate to your area. This includes: defining the issue, soliciting input from relevant parties, coordinating with IT teams, follow-up, testing, etc.
- Track and report on the status of the above, working closely with billing systems team.
- Provide technical assistance as required (i.e. vet requests, analyze issues, test results, etc).
- Represent the Billing function in a leadership capacity on projects as they arise.
- Manage resources to prioritize work and meet expectations. This may require clarification/revision of expectations to match the allocated resources.
- Provide timely feedback and follow-up on progress and successes.
Department : Controller's Group, Finance - Billing
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, economics or other business discipline
- 5+ plus years of business experience in accounting, auditing, billing or relevant environment.
- A background demonstrating strong analytical and problem solving ability necessary, re-engineering and project management; some supervision of staff
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Candidate should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in working/organizing an operational process required.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Candidate should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.