- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Aug 17
Senior Director – Market Strategy & Business Development (Advisory Services)
Location: New York, NY, USARole/Responsibilities:
The Senior Director - Market Strategy & Business Development is a respected expert in credit risk analytics who is able to bridge the gap between our customer needs and our capabilities. In this role you'll both assist in the development of our strategies and offerings in response to the changing markets and in the business development process of selling these offerings to our customers. You will be engaged in the development of our product and business strategies as a voice of the future customer, with the expectation to build strong relationships and influence within our product, research, and sales team. Through engagement with our sales and advisory services units, you will also help our business communicate positioning and thought leadership in the development of opportunities with customers interested in our solutions.
The ideal candidates will have previous senior experience in sales and / or consulting, with a strong understand of banking regulations and technology, credit risk management, and the application of data and models to business and regulatory needs. In particular, experience crafting practical solutions to real problems in the credit risk management arena is essential. Existing relationships within the financial services industry and/or regional regulatory bodies is desired. The successful candidate will join the ERS D&A line of business, a growing team within the MA organization that provides excellent career opportunities and benefits.
- Facilitate achieving the revenue and sales targets set for the business
- Analyze and anticipate key market trends and new business opportunities through regular engagement with customers, market analysts and regulatory bodies
- Monitor and track latest technology trends and competitive insights
- Gather regular feedback regarding D&A products and solutions used by clients; identify areas of enhancement and opportunities for growth
- Provide actionable, fact-based intelligence and insight to the business leaders and product management
- Assist in the business development process by creating practical solution structures that leverage MA technology and people to meet important customer needs
- Facilitate and support the sales process of Moody's Analytics solutions (software and advisory
- Support solutions launch process from release planning through sales enablement
- Maintain relationships at all levels with clients and prospective clients, industry experts, and other groups at MA
- Represent the D&A line of business at conferences and industry events
- Maintain relationships at all levels with clients, prospective clients, industry experts, and other groups at Moody's Analytics
Moody's Analytics (MA) is the leading risk management consulting company and combines deep industry expertise with unique enterprise risk management software and analytics. The company provides software, services and information to banks, insurance companies, non-financial corporations, and institutional investors in over 80 countries.
Within MA, the Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) Division offers to Institutions a wide range of software, analytics and consultative solutions to help risk management staff understand, measure, and manage risk within an enterprise risk context. The ERS Division is composed of experienced consultants working with and drawing on the insight and expertise of our world-class analytics technology, data, software as well as market experience.
The ERS Risk Measurement (RM) line of business takes a leading role in delivering solutions to financial institutions to manage risk exposures, profitability, and balance sheet. Our products and services are focused on the application of quantitative models to business problems associated with credit assessment and monitoring, portfolio management and construction, stress testing, and impairments. Our team consists of experts at interpreting financial information, developing data-driven analytics, and applying information and analytics to our customer's business needs.
- Bachelor Degree or related subject
- (Preferred) Second Degree (MSc., MBA) in Business or related subject
- Experience in bank risk consulting and/or risk management
- Working knowledge of existing Moody's Analytics solutions is a plus
Skills and Experiences:
- Strong understanding of risk management, data and technology requirements for financial institutions
- Experience with the application of data and analytic models to portfolio management, risk or financial modeling, stress testing and regulatory requirements
- Proven track record working in the financial services industry or leading consulting company
- Proven ability to lead meetings with senior and C-level management
- Eliciting feedback and thoughts at all levels of the organization (internally and externally)
- Synthesizing information across a variety of sources
- Communicating complex ideas to all levels of the organization (internally and externally)
- Building trusting relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
- Work in cross-border/cross-disciplined teams at client site and internally
- Take ownership and responsibility
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Strong work ethic, professional and personable
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.