- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Sep 17
Senior Financial Analyst
Location: New York, NY, USAMoody's Analytics offers award-winning solutions and market-standard best practices for measuring and managing risk. Our deep experience in credit risk management, combined with innovative and cutting-edge technology, allows us to assist customers in unique and insightful ways.
We need a highly organized, hardworking and motivated professional to support the global Sales & Customer Service division. We run a dynamic global business with many moving parts. You are a seasoned business strategist able to clearly communicate commercial recommendations based on well-grounded analytics and qualitative judgement. You will not have ordinary days. Your job is to help senior managers guide the business based on your analyses and recommendations.
You will create your own success by owning or contributing to the following:
- Operating budget for a 600 person division. Keeping the lights on and the gears turning will enable excellent sales and client service for our global business. You will track performance against key budget metrics every month.
- Vendor management for key suppliers to our business. We have many suppliers and business partners supporting the business around the world. You will assess their value and coordinate work with some of them.
- Sales analyses for a $1 billion business. We need to understand which parts of the business are generating good value. You will work with sales leaders to measure this in different ways.
- Global sales target coordination. Our sales deployment strategy is based on complex territories and sales targets. You will help bring visibility and consistency to this process.
- Staffing model. We deploy our people all over the world and change strategy based on market dynamics. You will keep track of this fluid process.
- Participate on special projects. These projects involve multiple decision makers across the business on a variety of subjects. You will perform detailed analyses to support senior management decisions.
Operations and Strategy
Qualifications: Degree educated (or equivalent), preferably gained in a finance, numerical or sciences discipline.
- 2-5 years of meaningful financial experience.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Attested ability to lead projects including regular processes and ad hoc analytical projects.
- Comfort working autonomously with minimal direct supervision, yet can integrate appropriately as part of a team when appropriate.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines sometimes with contending priorities.
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Experience working with Salesforce, SQL and statistical programs is a plus.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.