Supervisory Manager / Central Point of Contact in Regional Banking Organizations - Supervision Group
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- 27 Sep 16
See job description for details
The Regional, Community, Foreign Institution and Consumer Compliance (RCFI) Function is responsible for supervising and regulating state member banks, bank holding companies and foreign banking organizations in the United States. Candidates should have broad prior experience in financial examinations, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and excellent written and oral communication abilities. The successful candidate will be expected to leverage those skills in evaluating financial organizations’ relevant risk management practices and risk profiles at a senior level. Further, the individual will be expected to identify issues that may warrant additional supervisory consideration relative to existing or future guidance.
- Play a leading role in developing, maintaining and enhancing relationships with the board of directors, management and staff of supervised institutions, as well as, other areas of RCFI, Supervision and the FRBNY, Board of Governors staff and other supervisory authorities;
- Demonstrate the ability to bridge many disciplines, work across the Bank with staff in IPA, Markets, Discount Window, and Research and deliver important and highly sensitive messages to both a firm and other agencies involved in its oversight;
- Collaborate with Financial Analysts and others to develop monitoring tools and identify emerging risks and trends, sharing feedback and guidance as necessary;
- Cultivate and share knowledge with colleagues about current risk management techniques and practices used in supervision and the financial services industry;
- Demonstrate independent and critical thinking, including adeptness in managing and interpreting data;
- Be agile and quickly assimilate and analyze new information as well as keep track of rapidly changing issues;
- Promotes challenge within and across teams to ensure all angles of an issue or risk are explored as part of the decision making process.
- Translate excellent clarity of thought into strong written and oral communication skills; ability to synthesize and communicate a multitude of information and views succinctly and persuasively;
- Develop supervisory and examination strategies, and oversee or assist in the execution of those strategies in the supervision of two state member banks and the holding company, with minimal oversight;
- Determine the effectiveness of management policies and procedures for maintaining compliance with laws and regulations;
- Participate in and/or lead examinations or inspections that will require presentation of examination results to Federal Reserve management and staff, other supervisory authorities and the supervised institution at various executive levels;
- Conduct or assist in periodic analyses of financial and other information received from supervised and other institutions and update Supervisory Plans, Risk Assessments, or Institutional Overviews as needed. Synthesize and analyze complex financial and risk information and apply that knowledge to a broad range of financial issues;
- Analyze current industry practices, conditions, and trends and identify inherent / emerging risks as financial products/markets evolve;
- Identify strategies, risk and exposure levels at financial institutions to assess risk management practices and the adequacy of risk management systems. Develop and recommend supervisory actions that are commensurate with risk levels and are based on sound and supportable conclusions; andPrepare and deliver the following products, including providing guidance and assistance to less experienced staff who are assisting in the development of these products:
- Product memos, report comments, risk assessments and other materials that support examination findings and supervisory decisions and determinations;
- Clear and well developed presentations, including examination findings and nuanced messages regarding supervisory concerns to directors and senior management at supervised firms.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in at least two disciplines: credit, market, operational, liquidity or fiduciary risks, financial analysis, or consumer compliance matters; Possesses and applies both specific and broad knowledge of principals, practices and procedures in regard to those specialties (above) when completing assignments;
- The ability to take initiative and ownership of an assignment and produce results under tight time constraints and with minimal oversight.
- Extensive familiarity with the risk-focused supervision process and the examination process for domestic banks and bank holding companies.
- Ability to assimilate new information quickly, handle new problem situations, and manage a variety of responsibilities simultaneously;
- Strong analytical thinking ability and demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills.
- Successfully complete the Examiner Commissioning Program in a timely fashion if not already completed and commissioned;
- Spanish language skills not required but beneficial for the role.
- Position will require travel to onsite locations for some period of time. Travel may occur up to 50% percent of the time within given assignments.
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization, and U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service”, as this was not included on the body of the descriptions.
HOW TO APPLY:
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume through the Bank’s FedCareers website and apply to req. 247954