- Records monthly journal entries for various entities based on US GAAP and Moody's Global Accounting Policies (MGAP).
- Liaises with various departments in multiple locations to obtain required documentation to support accounting transactions for monthly journal entries.
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations and explains variances concisely.
- Researches, and clears reconciling items on accounts.
- Assists in the preparation of additional account analyses and gathering documentation for Internal and External Audits.
- Performs additional duties/projects as assigned.
The General Accounting team is responsible for reporting accurate financial statements for the company's expenses. The team comprises 12 accountants that are responsible for accounting and reporting compensation and benefits expenses, non-compensation expenses, cash and capitalized assets. The team is staffed in Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania and India.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 3 years general ledger accounting experience.
- Must have experience preparing journal entries, account reconciliations and analyses.
- Understands SOX internal control policies and US GAAP.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel experience desired.
- Knowledge of a major financial system (preferably PeopleSoft).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, research skills and attention to details.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.