SAP Security Administrator
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 18 Jan 17
SAP Security Administrator
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
NYL's Finance Services Support Group is seeking a suitably qualified SAP Security Administrator to implement, support and enhance the SAP Security service area supporting the common Finance platform on SAP and HANA utilizing SAP Security layer. The individual in this role will be a significant participant in the technical inventory development for the NY Life Finance Transformation Program underway on the SAP-based landscape. He/She will support Identity Management, Governance Risk and Compliance and SAP-based roles within the Finance systems for the user population.
- 10+ years experience supporting SAP applications in Finance and Insurance as an SAP Security Administrator
- 3+ implementations encompassing role design, upgrades, implementation of IDM, GRC and SAP Security layer for Finance or Insurance modules
- Experience in implementation and production support of SAP Security in ECC, BI/BW, Business Objects(BOBJ), Portal, BPC, HANA and GRC Access Control 10.1, Solution Manager
- Configuration of SAP GRC V5.3 or higher including RAR
- Locking/Unlocking users and automation procedures for provisioning and compliance
- Migration experience from 5.x to 10.1 in GRC a HUGE plus
- Fiori and BOBJ security profile implementation and support experience
- Strong understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Compliance- Strategy management related to SAP business processes and Segregation of Duties (SOD).
- Configuration of NetWeaver Identity Management (IDM) with Novell eDirectory or LDAP with SSO capabilities
- GRC for provisioning and de-provisioning to SAP systems.
- Demonstrable work experience in supporting audit facing off with both internal and external auditors to ensure that Security area in all in-scope SAP systems are audit compliant
- Experience in designing and implementing security roles/controls for Solution Manager 7.x+
- In-depth understanding of the Application Life cycle Management in HANA
- Experienced in SAP change management utilizing ChaRM and supporting testing, documentation and audit
- Experienced with On-shore/off-shore team coordination
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with business directly on gathering requirements, designing solutions and troubloeshooting
- Availability to work on shifts as needed for project work and/or production support
- Demonstrable understanding of changing business needs in the security area of SAP and be able to recommend strategies for solutions for the future
- Building and maintaining up-to-date knowledge about company and industry trends and strategy, and advises customers on approaches to optimize business success.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.