Data Management Director
- Madison, WI, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- State of Wisconsin Investment Board
- 18 Jan 17
SWIB is seeking an experienced Data Management Director to lead its data management function and staff. The director is responsible for agency-wide governance as well as the promotion and utilization of data as an asset. With an innovative focus, the director manages a team of data experts focused on data quality, acquisition, management, distribution, and governance.
- Provide leadership and advice throughout the organization on data matters
- Lead the evolution and maintenance of a mature data governance framework comprised of vision, action planning, people, tools and architecture, policies, organizational alignment, measurement and business processes
- Design, maintain, and promote SWIB’s data management strategies in alignment with SWIB’s strategic vision and specific investment strategies
- Champion the design, implementation, and maintenance of SWIB’s day-to-day data quality operating model, requiring collaboration with delegated data stewards, project managers, technology, business process owners, third party providers, etc.
- Chair a data governance council or related working group
- Promote the security of data and information by developing and enforcing data management policies, standards, and processes
- Oversee data vendor management
- Develop metrics for data transparency, quality monitoring, and process improvements
- Lead and develop data management staff
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree finance, data science, technology, business, economics, or related required (Master’s degree is preferred)
- At least 5 years of leadership experience in a data management, governance, and quality capacity (10+ years is preferred)
- Experience leading and managing people
- Investment industry experience (preferred)
- An ability to be adaptive and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Superb work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, and commitment to excellence
- Competitive base salary
- Meaningful, performance-based incentive compensation
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Educational and training opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Challenging work in a professional, team environment
The position requires U.S. work authorization and residency in, or willingness to relocate to, the Madison, Wisconsin area. SWIB is prepared to offer relocation assistance as needed.
Deadline to apply is January 22, 2017. Resumes will be accepted and reviewed after that date if the position has not been filled.