Credit Manager - Commercial Risk
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi
- 23 Sep 16
* Manage a dedicated portfolio of accounts. The incumbent is responsible for processing all credit related issues (facility applications for commercial and Syndicated facilities) originating from domestic branches/units and conducting comprehensive analysis & assessment of such requests, based on which recommendations to be made for
- Manage a dedicated portfolio of accounts. The incumbent is responsible for processing all credit related issues (facility applications for commercial and Syndicated facilities) originating from domestic branches/units and conducting comprehensive analysis & assessment of such requests, based on which recommendations to be made for approval or rejection by appropriate higher authority with the objective of ensuring that only high quality assets are booked.
- The incumbent is entrusted with the task of reviewing and recommending project finance and corporate deals with a high level of complexity and very tight deadlines requiring specialization and strong credit analysis skills.
- Review advice of approval/rejection of credit facility applications ensuring accuracy of all details so that branches/units are aware of the fate of their applications and also of any additional terms of approval, if any.
- Co-sign sanction, advices, memos issued by the Department upon approval/decline of facility by higher DPs level.
- Undertake regular follow-up with units on normal credit facility accounts where follow-up is required according to the terms of credit approval to ensure compliance.
- Track credit facility applications to ensure accuracy of the current status of the applications in the approval process.
- Follow up with branches/units on audit reports produced by the Bank’s Internal Auditors for timely resolution of all audit comments.
- Respond to constant notice from various branches (Branch Managers/Relationship Managers) who seek advice and directives).Sign off on the UAT for new Risk Management applications being implemented such as FACT and GLCMS (or other applications being introduced from time to time) on behalf of GCR.
- Monitor early warning indicators in order to identify potential problem accounts and liaise with Business Units for ensuring suitable action plans are in place to rectify the situation at an early stage.
- Review Exception Reports and Early Alert Accounts and keep abreast of latest developments so as to provide appropriate recommendations to higher management with regards to ratings/classification for such accounts.
- Follow-up on all classified accounts under the control of GCR, to ensure that appropriate actions are taken by the branches/units.
- Assume additional tasks/responsibilities in line with accounts that require additional reporting and monitoring/close liaison with Commercial Special Assets Management (CSAM) Group.
- Assume responsibility for special tasks/assignments that may be assigned from time to time (sector exposure levels, comparative pricing analysis, historical account reports, independent portfolio reviews, etc.
- Keep abreast of the current developments and new products in the financial market.
- Analyze, assess and recommended credit facility applications originating from Commercial Banking unit for approval/rejection by appropriate higher authority, with the objective of ensuring that only high quality assets are booked.
- Manage a dedicated portfolio of accounts which includes credit of higher complexity, including structured credit derivatives.
- Prepare/review and issue advice of approval/rejection of credit facility applications ensuring accuracy of all details so the Business Unit is aware of the fate of their applications and also of any additional terms of approval, if any
- Review restructuring proposals, analyze, work out alternatives and recommended solutions that maximize recoveries. Being the main core staff under the RMD, play key role/conduct Credit Training Workshops for the development of the NBAD Credit assessment and presentation of facility application. Work involves both development of Training materials as well conducting workshops.
Minimum education required: Bachelor’s degree level in accountancy/commerce/economics with about 6 - 8 years banking experience of which at least 5 years as senior account officer. A Master in the academic level will replace work experience partially.
- Knowledge of risk analysis/assessment;
- Extended experience in financial statement analysis with the ability to readily identify weaknesses and strengths;
- Demonstrated experience and ability to make the right decisions in order ensure that only quality assets are booked at the appropriate limit levels;
- Ability to satisfactorily resolve risk related queries/problems arising from the Branches/Units;
- Good computer skills required for job performance/analysis/report writing.
- Satisfactory man-management skills and ability to provide guidance to junior analysts and branch analysts;
- Very good writing skills with the ability to provide concise/precise information as required by the Management.
- Volume of applications processed is large with variable amount/complexities ranging from retail to corporate inclusive of syndicated loans. This not only requires vast experience and in-depth analysis of such cases, but also ability to perform at certain standard of quality and within the given time frame.
Familiarity with RAROC and RA5.