Decision Management (DM) System Implementation Consultant (risk management)
- 30k +
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Contract, Full time
- NSi ME
- 26 Sep 16
The purpose of Group Risk Management unit is to ensure sound risk management practices in the organization and meet regulatory requirements. The unit has several deliverables that include Basel II compliance, Central bank reporting, IFRS 9 loss provisioning, Internal ratings and embedding them in business processes, AML & compliance, operational loss reporting, risk reviews etc. The role is with the ‘Group Credit Risk - Modelling and Analytics’ team within Group Risk Management.
The prime responsibility of Manager – Credit Risk Decision Management – Retail (i.e. Credit Cards, Personal Loans, Auto Loans, Mortgages) is to liaise with IT Project Management, Group Risk Management, Retail Lending Business and External Vendor to manage end-to-end implementation of the newly procured Decision Management (DM) System.
Specifically, this would entail:
- Represent ‘Group Credit Risk - Modelling and Analytics’ team in the core working group of the DM implementation project.
- Brainstorm, discuss and finalize any solution approach through DM System.
- Formalize end to end implementation plan complete with cost, milestones, delivery timelines, business benefits etc. and seek necessary approvals.
- To fulfill any IT and/or vendor requirements from ‘Group Credit Risk - Modelling and Analytics’ team, for e.g. data definitions, field derivations, score computation etc.
- To manage with the vendor - Deployment of all existing retail credit risk scorecards (Application, Behaviour, Collections and Recoveries) and credit risk Basel II Models – PD, EAD, and LGD on the DM system.
- To manage with the vendor - Implementation of credit risk score based strategies on the DM system.
- To manage with the vendor - Implementation of all scorecard/model/ strategy specific reports (including scorecard/model performance monitoring reports) on the DM system.
- To manage with the vendor – Incorporation of the scorecards/models/strategies in various decision workflows.
- Conduct UAT of the deployed scorecards/models/strategies/reports as well as end-to-end regression UAT.
- Leveraging the DM system to assist other teams in fulfilling their objectives, e.g. underwriting automation, collection prioritization etc.
- Identify, manage and garner stakeholder involvement at various stages of the project.
- Track performance, provide regular management update and ensure timely delivery.
On an on-going basis:
- Implement any newly developed/redeveloped/recalibrated credit risk scorecards – Application, Behaviour, Collections and Recoveries on the DM system.
- Implement any newly developed/redeveloped/recalibrated credit risk Basel II Models – PD, EAD, and LGD on the DM system.
- Implement any newly formulated/enhanced score based strategies on the DM system.
- Implement any newly formulated/enhanced reports on the DM system.
- Ensure seamless regular execution of scorecards/models/strategies/reports on the DM system.
- Handle any exceptions or complaint raised over DM outputs w.r.t. scorecards/models/strategies/reports.
- Track the impact of newly deployed scorecards/models/strategies.
- Analyze the performance of existing score based strategies e.g. approve/reject, limit management, pricing etc. and propose enhancements.
- Ensure regular delivery of scorecard/model performance monitoring reports to the model monitoring team as well as assist in introducing new and/or modifying any existing monitoring report on the DM system.
- Based on historical DM reports and execution results, derive critical insights and recommendations to bring about improvement in areas like – scorecard coverage, portfolio high and low impact segments etc.
- Understand any additional business requirements pertaining to DM System and manage its fulfillment in the form of a project.