Group Head of Enterprise Risk Management
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Madison Pearl
- 25 Sep 16
Reporting to the Group CRO, this position is for one of the biggest banks in the Middle East with International presence for a senior GCC experienced risk professional to be effective at board level.
- To manage and assess all the bank’s material risk at portfolio level, responsible for maintaining the risk analytics function which will include rating models and other portfolio level risk management tools such as Risk Appetite Statement, RAROC, Economic Capital etc.
- Develop Credit / Risk Management systems and reporting tools and maintained according to needs and that the risk operations requirements are understood, in order to facilitate the development of required applications that will support the effective and efficient operation of the division.
- Lead the development of analysis and modelling for stress / back tests on the portfolio, assets and treasury operations of the Bank, so as to identify and report and potential discrepancy from set standards and regulations.
- Risk appetite and strategy: Advising the Board and CRO of limits against the Banks Risk Appetite. Leading the development of the Banks organizational strategy and direction for enterprise risk management.
- Department Strategy Formulation: Establish ERM framework and process using the international best practices. Lead the implementation of risk management practices that meet or exceed industry standards and serve to maximize profitability while minimizing risk exposure and financial losses.
- Market Risk Modelling: Monitors the local and international market practices and developments to identify trends that can be used in the development of scenarios and stress tests.
- Credit risk systems management and operations control.
- Risk Governance & Basel II: Lead development and implementation of Basel II related risk policies and procedures.
- Committees: Member of ‘Group Risk Management Committee’, Member ‘Operational Risk Management Committee as well as ‘Asset Liability Management Committee’.
- GCC experience is a must with minimum 15-20 years of total progressive experience in risk management analysis and modelling globally with international regional banks.
- In-depth knowledge of the banking sector products and business strategies
- Extensive knowledge of credits policies, risk management principles, regulatory requirements
- University degree in Finance, Banking or Management, post-graduate qualification in risk modelling from an internationally recognized business school is preferred.
Interested candidates can send across their resume in Word format to email@example.com, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Alternatively if you wish to seek more information you may reach me at +971 4 560 9100.