Market Risk Officer
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- 27 Sep 16
We are recruiting for a Market Risk Officer to join the Portfolio Risk & Quantitative Analytics team, who is responsible for reporting, risk management, and supports the investment team in the management of the portfolio.
Working closely with the Director - Portfolio Risk & Quantitative Analytics, the Market Risk Officer’s main responsibilities will be:
• Ensure that the portfolio’s investments and their risk exposures e.g. price risk, currency risk, valuation issues, liquidity risk, credit risk etc. are being effectively captured and reported in a timely manner;
• Preparation of performance, exposure & risk reports on a Daily, Weekly & Monthly basis;
• Work closely with the Investment Team to ensure a mutual understanding of compliance requirements, portfolio performance and reporting requirements;
• Become the primary liaison between Business Users, the Application Vendor and the IT Department for the portfolio management system;
• Prepare/Assist with quantitative due diligence on investment and fund proposals for review by the Fund Selection Committee;
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• A Bachelor’s degree and/or postgraduate qualification in business, risk, statistics, accounting or a similar discipline;
• Thorough knowledge of investment performance and risk analysis measures and techniques;
• Good knowledge of MS Excel at spreadsheet level, such as: Automation of tasks using macros; Ability to create aesthetic reports containing different types of data and presentation methods; Good command of worksheet layer functions and spreadsheet manipulation
• Familiarity with Financial Systems such as Bloomberg, Reuters, Morningstar etc.
Candidate with more than 5 years experience will NOT be considered.
Due to high volume of applicants, we will consider only applications that include resumes accompanied with a Cover letter stating salary expectations.