Senior Finance Manager
- AED40000 - AED55000 per month
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Half International UAE
- 16 Aug 17
Client and Role:
Our client is a MNC, one of the most well-known and respected Service companies in their field. Robert Half are currently looking for a highly ambitious and career-driven Finance Manager on their behalf to join the Dubai team.
The successful candidate must be a strong, qualified Accountant with regional tax (especially KSA) and US GAAP reporting experience. The candidate is also required to be Western educated.
Responsible for the ME Accounting and Finance Operations and executing on objectives set by the Finance Director including preparation of the statutory financial statements, US GAAP reporting, multi-geographical tax filings, treasury and audits. Responsible for leadership and direction for the Accounting Operations team and being an active member of the global finance community. Manages team of 7 professionals.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for the accounting and payroll functions of the Middle East offices
- Continually seeking to improve accounting and administrative processes by leading local development and implementation of financial applications and identify efficiencies to improve the information systems, e.g. Oracle General Ledger and Hyperion
- Mentoring and developing the team and fostering a positive working environment
- Liaising closely with Financial Analysts (Finance Commercial Support ) and Financial Planning and Analysis with calendar management, other costs analysis, revenue recognition and ad hoc team projects
- From a Risk Management perspective ensuring there are appropriate internal controls and compliance with local tax, legal and other regulatory requirements
- Being a discussion partner on all issues relating to payroll and fringe benefits, and pro-actively advising on labour law / fiscal issues and opportunities, WPS, GOSI, etc.
- Oversee payroll activities to ensure timely and accurate, as well as liaise with HR
Specific responsibilities include:
Accounting, Payroll, and Administrative processes
- Coach, train, develop and evaluate the Accounting and Payroll staff
- Responsible for the preparation of the financial statements for 5 entities across 4 countries and the reconciliation of GAAP to Stat to Tax variances
- Lead the local audit and relationship with our external auditors and with Global Accounting
- Provide timely and meaningful financial reporting to local authorities the Client Global Services
- Review monthly reconciliations to highlight areas of risk
- Build and formalize various Client finance and accounting policies
- Ensure that local practices comply with Client policies and local requirements
- Enhance internal controls, continuously seeking to reengineer local business process to obtain efficiencies and reduce costs
- Proactively identify and address areas for improvement to the local accounting and payroll processes to gain efficiencies, which is inclusive of, but not limited to assisting with local development and implementation of financial applications
Taxation and Compliance
- Responsible for the facilitating the preparation and review of multiple tax returns with support from external advisors
- Responsible for the completion of the Tax Planning Template (TPT), which reconciles local tax to US GAAP tax
- Assist in tax audit processes as needed in close cooperation with the Finance Director and Client's Global Tax Team
- Continuously work on identification of tax opportunities and avoidance of tax risks in personal tax, wage taxes, corporate tax and VAT
- Gather the relevant data to support and comply with transfer pricing agreements
- Manage monthly cash forecasts
- Monitor vendor payment terms and disbursements to maximize cash benefit
- Manage the inter-company process
- Treasury management which includes monthly monitoring the short and long-term cash position of the company, maximizing return/minimizing cost, maintaining banking relationships, etc.
- 35 000 - 40 000 AED all in (basic, transportation, accommodation) plus good additional benefits and bonus (no schooling).