Job Description Provide credit analysis in the form of discrete pieces of analytical work. The Associate Moody's Local will work on more complex and higher profile analysis, and will form a holistic view on certain credits in preparation for Associate Analyst role.
The Associate role provides an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success of Lead Analyst teams in Moody's Local, by providing a range of analytical support services that contributes to the overall credit analysis function performed by these teams.
This role will focus primarily on one sector, and there is potential for cross-training in supporting varying asset classes and methodologies, in other sectors, as part of career progression.
The role requires a solid accounting background with strong focus in financial analysis. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their ability to work effectively in a team environment. The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong organizational skills, demonstrate attention to detail, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
The Associate position provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry. This will be an internally facing role supporting lead analysts. Key Responsibilities
- Perform preliminary credit analysis to support ratings, research, analytical outreach and presentations, following guidance provided by team lead. Examples of analytical work include:
- Preparing financial spreadsheets and charts, analyzing data and financial statements, building and updating financial models and forecasts, and writing analytical commentary in accordance with Moody's methodologies.
- Identifying trends in data and use analytical ability, applying judgment to form well thought out credit conclusions.
- Develop working knowledge of Moody's Local methodologies in order to apply to credit analysis.
- Interpret and analyse financial to perform the preliminary credit analysis.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issue and issuer credit ratings under full supervision and guidance lead analyst.
- Support credit monitoring/surveillance of issuers by e.g. preparing data for surveillance, periodically updating preliminary components of analysis, and initiating/escalating deeper credit reviews when necessary.
- Perform certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks as directed by direct supervisor.
- Work as a team with other associates, associate analysts, and lead analysts in Moody's local under overall supervision of the direct manager.
- Minimum undergraduate/ first level degree (e.g. Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent qualifications).
- Preferably some relevant experience.
- Good Accounting background (e.g., through coursework, CFA (or equivalent), or relevant work experience).
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Solid verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills in Spanish.
- English speaking and writing capabilities are a plus.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly .
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.