- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Analyst 3
Location: Buenos Aires, ArgentinaProvide credit analysis in the form of discrete pieces of analytical work. The Associate Analyst 3 (AA3) will work on more complex and higher profile analysis, and will form a holistic view on certain credits in preparation for the AA2 role.
The AA3 role provides an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success of the Ratings & Research Support (RRS) and Ratings & Research (R&R) teams, by providing a range of analytical support services that contributes to the overall credit analysis function performed by these teams.
The AA3 role will focus primarily on one Line of Business (LOB) and there is potential for cross-training in supporting varying asset classes and methodologies, in other LOBs, as part of career progression
The role requires a solid accounting background with strong focus in financial analysis. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their ability to work effectively in a team environment. The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong organizational skills, demonstrate attention to detail, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
The AA3 position provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry. This will be an internally facing role, reporting into the RRS Team Manager.
- Perform preliminary credit analysis to support ratings, research, analytical outreach and presentations, with potential exposure to more high-profile subsectors or issuers, under the principle direction of the RRS Team Manager. Examples of analytical work include:
- Preparing financial spreadsheets and charts, analyzing data and financial statements, building and updating financial models and forecasts, and writing analytical commentary in accordance with Moody's methodologies.
- Identifying trends in data and use analytical ability, applying judgment to form well thought out credit conclusions.
- Develop working knowledge of Moody's methodologies in order to apply to credit analysis.
- Interpret and analyse financial data provided by Financial Data Associates (FDAs) group to perform the preliminary credit analysis
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issuer credit ratings under full supervision and guidance from the RRS Team Manager.
- Support credit monitoring/surveillance of issuers by e.g. preparing data for surveillance, periodically updating preliminary components of analysis, and initiating/escalating deeper credit reviews when necessary
- Perform holistic analysis on certain credits in preparation for the AA2 role
- Perform certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks
- Work as a team with other associates in RRS and lead analysts in R&R , under overall supervision of RRS Team manager
Research & Ratings Support
- Candidate will have internship and/or work experience in project or infrastructure finance, credit risk analysis or other area of finance
- Experience in analyzing audited financial statements and different GAAPs is required. Proven experience and knowledge of Argentina's corporate and public sector accounting is a strong advantage
- Candidate possesses a B.A. / B.S. degree in Economics, Public Policy, Finance, Accounting, Civil Engineering, or related field. Holding professional certifications such as CPA or CFA, or working towards them, is an advantage
- Familiarity with legal documentation such as debt prospectuses and loan agreements is required
- Knowledge of financial modeling, financial statement analysis, economics and statistics
- Strong research, organizational communication, and written skills
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize work collaboratively within a team
- Keen attention to detail
- Highly organized and efficient. Ability to report to different people in a timely and efficient fashion is a must
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products an particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge of Bloomberg is required
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required. Working proficiency in Portuguese would be a strong plus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.