- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Permanent, Full time
Location: Buenos Aires, ArgentinaRole/Responsibilities:
This is an opportunity for an individual with a strong software development background to join the MIS Analytic and Technology Solutions Group (ATS) in Argentina.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record of successes developing/supporting quality software solutions, liaising directly with stakeholders, and adapting to the evolving needs of the business. The role will primarily involve coordinating with the NY Fundamental Technology development team to develop tools and applications used by Moody's internal ratings analysts.
As part of the Fundamental Technology team, the successful candidate will have many opportunities to solve problems that will add value to MIS analysts. Work will range from developing and debugging client side or web applications, querying and manipulating data, as well as working with Excel/VBA workbooks, and other technical tasks.
This role will suit a highly motivated problem solver with excellent communication skills and a proven ability to use their own initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Communicating with internal stakeholders or other members of ATS to clearly define the problem
- Support all aspects of the product lifecycle, including requirements gathering, documentation, design, development, quality assurance, implementation, maintenance and support
- Develop applications following an agile methodology
- Design and develop test cases to enable automated testing of implemented functionality
The ATS team plays a key role in ensuring Moody's ability to deliver the highest quality structured, fundamental and public finance ratings. The teams work directly with the ratings analysts to provide quantitative tools, financial analytics and data driven software solutions.
The Fundamental Technology team supports a substantial portfolio of tools and platforms used on a daily basis by analysts globally. The team is located in New York, Bangalore, Buenos Aires, and Kolkata and reports to the senior management of the Moody's Analytic & Technology Solutions.
- BS (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Financial Engineering or a related field
- Strong C#.NET, ASP.NET MVC development & debugging skills (3+ years)
- Strong web development skills using AngularJS or ReactJS, NodeJS, TypeScript and HTML5
- Fluency in English a must
- Good SQL Query writing skills, understanding of database architecture
- Good Excel VBA skills
- Experience with the multiple phases of software development lifecycle and software debugging skills are essential
- Experience with Testing Automation using tools (e.g. NUnit, Selenium)
- Experience with cloud technologies are plus
- Experience with source control (SVN ideally) and issue tracking (Jira ideally)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Rigorous and analytical thought process and able to work independently
- Experienced in working toward tight deadlines
- Experience in Financial Services is a plus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.