Client Services Associate/Desk Assistant, Wealth Management
- Adelaide, South Australia, Australia Adelaide South Australia AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, product and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
A key function of the Client Services Associate’s role is the ability to deal confidently with Financial Advisors (FAs) and their clients in a high volume, time critical environment. To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate knowledge of the financial advice process, financial markets and product and industry trends. You will need to have a high attention to detail and should be able to prioritise your work accordingly and work well under pressure. CSAs work closely as a team and will often be required to assist the broader office and CSA population.
• Facilitation of all administrative client queries
• Client on-boarding, including preparation of account documentation, creation of client record in MSWM systems.
• Arrange and assist with maintenance of client account and records, in line with current AML/CTF, KYC Regulations
• IPO and corporate action allocation management
• Preparation of client valuations, asset allocations and reporting as required
• Assist in client asset transfers, including cash, both domestically and internationally
• Process and monitor stock settlements, including follow up with clients regarding outstanding funds.
• Prioritise competing adviser requests in a fast paced environment
• Establish and maintain relationships with other internal stakeholders and departments
• Participate in department cross-training as required
• Participate in process development initiatives in increase efficiencies
• Proactively notify client/s and FA/s of any issues recommending a solution and timeframe
• Comply with the ethical standards contained within the Company Code of Conduct.
• Adhere to Company policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
• High attention to detail
• Strong literacy and numeracy ability
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong organisational skills
• A fundamental knowledge of financial advice process, markets and industry
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Display a high level of resilience and strong ability to prioritise tasks
• Goal-oriented with demonstrated drive and initiative
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Finance, Business or Economics degree preferable but not essential.
• RG146 – willingness to study toward and attain qualification
• Recognised industry studies preferred but not essential
Description of minimum work experience required for this role
• Experience within a similar role preferred.
• Experience within wealth management or financial planning highly desirable.