Expressions of Interest - Consultants / Senior Consultants - Management Consulting (Operations Advisory)
- Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 19 Nov 17
See job description for details
- Growing Management Consulting division
- Build your capabilities in Procurement, Supply Chain and Operational Excellence
- Build a long term career across the broad areas of our business
Our Operations Advisory team assist leading companies and government agencies across various industries to identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their operations while driving sustainable business improvement. The Operations Advisory team draw on a combination of professional and talented individuals, powerful KPMG methodologies and global resources to meet the objectives of our clients.
Your new role
Future opportunities are anticipated in our Adelaide consulting team at the Consultant and Senior Consultant levels. These positions sit within a highly experienced and supportive team, and will be exposed to a variety of client projects as well as continuous learning opportunities.
As a Consultant or Senior Consultant in the team you will:
- Be exposed to complex client challenges across a range of sectors that will require strong quantitative and problem solving skills
- Work in small teams where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop rapidly through access to our KPMG global methodologies, sector experts and on-the-job-training
- Be expected to proactively identify and take opportunities
- Support engagements in Procurement Operations, including Operating Model Design, Strategic Planning, Source to Contract, Supplier Relationship Management and Procure-to-Pay
- Undertake analysis and provide recommendations in relation to operational excellence, operations technology, strategy engagements, cost reduction and/or design of target operating models
- Develop financial models, client reports and client presentations to a high quality standard
- Deliver a high level of customer / stakeholder satisfaction
We're interested in people that are accomplished team players, able to work effectively as part of a wider KPMG and client team. You act as a spokesperson for KPMG, making a strong impact through highly developed problem solving and business skills.
For the Consultant and Senior Consultant roles we're seeking candidates with:
- Tertiary qualifications, ideally in business, economics or engineering
- Experience in data analysis and financial cost model development
- Prior experience of working in Consulting or in the Government, Utilities or Defence sectors preferred
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients, suppliers and colleagues
- Note that security clearance is preferred
- Strengths in one or more areas of Category Management / Strategic Sourcing / Contract Management / Purchase-to-Pay or Operating Model Design and Operational Excellence
- Experience of working in complex Procurement environments or membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) preferred
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online
Advertised: 23 Oct 2017 Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: 22 Nov 2017 Cen. Australia Daylight Time